Installed the Madness Maxpower ECU - Page 2 - Jeep Renegade Forum
 39Likes

post #11 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 04:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
That looks awesome! Keep us updated! Do you know if the non-Bluetooth version has the ability to change modes from Eco to Sport etc?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronruggiero View Post
That looks awesome! Keep us updated! Do you know if the non-Bluetooth version has the ability to change modes from Eco to Sport etc?

thanks
I was wondering that as well. I have to call Madness tomorrow, so if I think of it, I'll ask the rep.

Installed the GFB DV+ today.

Not feeling a tremendous amount of difference quite yet, but it's my understanding that the ECU might have to "adjust" for the different boost scenario. I'll keep you posted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 Commando Jeep Renegade Sport 1.4 Turbo 2WD
Madness Maxpower ECU
Go Fast Bits DV+

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 09:03 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODGreenFifteen View Post
I was wondering that as well. I have to call Madness tomorrow, so if I think of it, I'll ask the rep.

Installed the GFB DV+ today.

Not feeling a tremendous amount of difference quite yet, but it's my understanding that the ECU might have to "adjust" for the different boost scenario. I'll keep you posted.
OD, did you consider the blow off plate as well? I know some guys like it and others don't. Also I have heard with the diverter valve its more for a preventive then a enhancer, unless the poem diverter was already leaking. At least that what I was told when I called Modern Performance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ospreyfe55 View Post
OD, did you consider the blow off plate as well? I know some guys like it and others don't. Also I have heard with the diverter valve its more for a preventive then a enhancer, unless the poem diverter was already leaking. At least that what I was told when I called Modern Performance.
I actually did! The only thing that gave me pause, was the fact that when installed along with the dv+, longer bolts are needed and things start to get really tight down there.

I'll still probably end up with one on there, tho

BTW. Does anyone have any idea how to get those STUPID clamps loose that are all over the engine? Installation would have gone a LOT quicker f I could've removed the intake hose, but I couldn't figure out how to take the clamp loose, so I had to contort myself and work around it to get the bottom bolt loose.

Madness Maxpower ECU
Go Fast Bits DV+

post #15 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 09:27 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODGreenFifteen View Post
I actually did! The only thing that gave me pause, was the fact that when installed along with the dv+, longer bolts are needed and things start to get really tight down there.

I'll still probably end up with one on there, tho

BTW. Does anyone have any idea how to get those STUPID clamps loose that are all over the engine? Installation would have gone a LOT quicker f I could've removed the intake hose, but I couldn't figure out how to take the clamp loose, so I had to contort myself and work around it to get the bottom bolt loose.
I knew that when installing both you would need the longer bolts. Modern Performance actually sell the 2 together along with bolts. They also sell the bolts separate for like 11 bucks. I would post up the website but Im not sure thats allowed. Currently they don't list anything for the Jeep but I have spoken to them a few times and I just look at the Dart stuff. I think they also mention something about the clips. I do know there are 2 different BV one can be used with the poem air duct and the other requires modification(I think).
ODGreenFifteen likes this.
post #16 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ospreyfe55 View Post
I knew that when installing both you would need the longer bolts. Modern Performance actually sell the 2 together along with bolts. They also sell the bolts separate for like 11 bucks. I would post up the website but Im not sure thats allowed. Currently they don't list anything for the Jeep but I have spoken to them a few times and I just look at the Dart stuff. I think they also mention something about the clips. I do know there are 2 different BV one can be used with the poem air duct and the other requires modification(I think).
Right on! Thanks for the info, man! Ill definitely check with them tomorrow.

Madness Maxpower ECU
Go Fast Bits DV+

post #17 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-30-2016, 12:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elirenegade View Post
Can I assume this positive affect on power/handling has a negative impact on gas mileage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkalkofen View Post
I'll have a few follow up questions, but this is AWESOME! I'm generally happy with how peppy the 1.4L is, but this sounds like a blast! And it would come in handy when I'm towing. I'm really curious what kind of MPG you get through a full tank.

Only if you let the new found Power take over you. I found when I have used these ECMs and system flashes, the vehicles get even better gas mileage than stock. Even when using the sport tunes. Again it is hard to not want to gas it when you know its there though.

I am sold I believe the difference for the non-bluetooth is to change the tune, you have to use the quick detach and hook it to a computer. Kind of a pain but I don't plan on switching off of Sport Plus. LOL
ODGreenFifteen likes this.

2016 Jeep Renegade Latitude 4x4 ANVIL aka Jeepetto
post #18 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-30-2016, 08:02 AM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
another reason I wished the TH could have had the turbo....
2.4 is a slug

2015 Cherokee TH (FCA bought back)gone like the wind
2016 Renegade TH is here
2015 Audi SQ5

post #19 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-30-2016, 09:29 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I assume the answer is yes, but does installing the ECM void the manufacturers warranty on the engine?
post #20 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-30-2016, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronruggiero View Post
I assume the answer is yes, but does installing the ECM void the manufacturers warranty on the engine?
no
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnus...s_Warranty_Act

2015 Cherokee TH (FCA bought back)gone like the wind
2016 Renegade TH is here
2015 Audi SQ5

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page