Motor Mount - Page 3 - Jeep Renegade Forum
 12Likes

post #21 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 801renny View Post
Is that the new mount in your pics? How much did you pay for it?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
No, that is a picture from under the hood of a '17 Rene. I dropped mine off at the shop for a service appointment tomorrow. I am hoping that the cost is nothing other than my time to deal with the shop. According to the service writer, if the mount is the issue, it will be covered under warranty.

My current mount is shown in the pictures from earlier posts in this thread. I will know more tomorrow.

Erik
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 03:10 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Ok. Thanks. Let us know what happens. I need to get mine in and have them take a look. But I'm not sure if they will try to blame the issue on my daystar lift or not.

'15 Mojave Sand BU Renegade Latitude 4x4
Daystar 1.5" Lift
Rage R20 17x8 Wheels 40mm Offset
post #23 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Ok. Thanks. Let us know what happens. I need to get mine in and have them take a look. But I'm not sure if they will try to blame the issue on my daystar lift or not.

I will and am in the same boat. I have pulled almost everything off the entire front end of the Jeep and pulled the back end apart too. Between installing the Daystar lift, Renegade Ready hitch, and then the Daystar winch mount, etc. I put my Jeep up in the air and checked everything that I had touched and all was as it should be, even explained that to the service tech.

Erik
801renny likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 07:23 PM

Finally got the call today and they said that it appears that they sound is coming from the sway bar link and bushings, not the motor mount that looks completely trashed. They did say that the parts and labor would be covered under warranty, but that they needed to be ordered in and they are hoping to have everything done and back together by tomorrow. Since it is not a drivability issue, they will not give a loaner and I am free to make another trip to the shop and pick up my Jeep that they have had since Friday afternoon and then have to set up dropping it off again and picking it up again when they get the parts in and it is done. Thankfully I have my motorcycle and it I don't melt in the rain. Once those parts are replaced, they will see if that fixes the noise that I hear over every little bump. They said that if it were the motor mount, that it would be more pronounced on acceleration and letting off the gas as opposed to just bumps in the road.

Will update as I know more.

Erik
post #25 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 10:49 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeb View Post
Finally got the call today and they said that it appears that they sound is coming from the sway bar link and bushings, not the motor mount that looks completely trashed. They did say that the parts and labor would be covered under warranty, but that they needed to be ordered in and they are hoping to have everything done and back together by tomorrow. Since it is not a drivability issue, they will not give a loaner and I am free to make another trip to the shop and pick up my Jeep that they have had since Friday afternoon and then have to set up dropping it off again and picking it up again when they get the parts in and it is done. Thankfully I have my motorcycle and it I don't melt in the rain. Once those parts are replaced, they will see if that fixes the noise that I hear over every little bump. They said that if it were the motor mount, that it would be more pronounced on acceleration and letting off the gas as opposed to just bumps in the road.

Will update as I know more.

Erik
That's interesting. I've heard of others who have had sounds coming from those end links but when I looked at mine I wasn't able to recreate any knocking from down there.

Do you have a lift on yours? I need to find out if the daystar end links are longer that come with the lift so I can get the correct ones to swap in of that's the problem.

Daystar 1.5" Lift
post #26 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 11:11 AM

First Name: Dennis
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Garage
I had the sway bar links replaced about 2 months ago after complaining about a noise from the front end. The new links took care of my noise issue. The tech said that the links seemed ok when he checked them out but decided to replace them as mine was the 3rd Renegade in with the same complaint and each time the links took care of the issue. No lift by the way.

2015 Renegade Latitude - Sierra Blue
post #27 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 01:26 PM

I do have the Daystar lift as stated earlier. I told the tech what I have done and that I checked all the bolts etc that I had touched and couldn't find anything loose. Only thing I saw was the potential for the motor mount. After having it for a day and digging in to it, they said bushings and sway bar links and that they would order them in under warranty. They didn't mention the lift at all, so we will see what happens.

Erik
post #28 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
That's interesting. I've heard of others who have had sounds coming from those end links but when I looked at mine I wasn't able to recreate any knocking from down there.

Do you have a lift on yours? I need to find out if the daystar end links are longer that come with the lift so I can get the correct ones to swap in of that's the problem.

So, just picked my Jeep up from the dealer after they fixed the clunking sound whenever I would hit the slightest bump in the road up to about 40mph. The bump is gone and here is what the service memo states:

"Customer states there is a clunk in the front end. Sounds like front motor mount.
Verified concern. Took out chassis ears and placed on motor mount - did not hear noise. Tested on upper strut mount and still had no noise. Checked at lower control arm, heard noise a little and vehicle shook. Tested with stethoscope and found noise was coming from sway bar as well as cradle bolts. Re-tested and vehicle still making noise. Checked with chassis ears on sway bar link and found noise was very loud. Replaced sway bar links and front cradle, noise is gone."

They replaced part number 68246495-AA Bar Front. When I looked this up, it was the entire sway bar assembly. I did not see just the bushings listed as a part when I searched it on the parts directory, so that must just be the way it comes - seems kind of silly to me, but what do I know.

They also replaced part number 68246496-AB Link Stabilizer x 2. This was the part that was replaced with the longer ones from the Daystar lift. Not quite sure how they got them on there, but they did. Not sure what it will do other than maybe stiffen up the ride, but we will see. Unfortunately I did not mark the box to get my old parts back, so now I do not have the Daystar sway bar links.

Was curious as to what this may do to the ride height, so I decided to measure when it was parked inside my garage. 33" ground to top of wheel well in the rear and 32.5" in the front. I will have to see if I marked down any numbers from after I installed the lift.

All of this was covered under warranty, they could have easily said "Hey, aftermarket parts, tough sh!t" but they didn't.

801Renny - Any chance you could measure the length of the Daystar sway bar link and post it or shoot me a PM?

Erik
post #29 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 12:03 AM

Garage
I can when I get a chance. I'm headed out of town for a couple days. I was actually in touch with daystar today and am waiting on them sending me replacement sway bar end links that come with their kit under their warranty. This helps since otherwise i would have to get stock length links. Once I get them I can measure those or next week when I get a chance to look under there again I can get you the measurements.

Daystar 1.5" Lift
post #30 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 08:36 AM

Quote:
I can when I get a chance. I'm headed out of town for a couple days. I was actually in touch with daystar today and am waiting on them sending me replacement sway bar end links that come with their kit under their warranty. This helps since otherwise i would have to get stock length links. Once I get them I can measure those or next week when I get a chance to look under there again I can get you the measurements.

Thanks for the offer and look forward to hearing from you. I also sent an email to Daystar to see what they have to say and if they will replace them under warranty as well.

Erik

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page