Wheels and Tire Specs - Page 6 - Jeep Renegade Forum
 148Likes

post #51 of 207 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
The road noise is loud. Too loud for me and I'm use to aftermarket exhausts. I get added wind noise with the rack already but the tire noise is way louder.

The bfg on my cousins 4runner don't seem as loud but he has old engine noise, lots of wind noise, exhaust, and lots of rattles. The tire noise just blends in.

The kenda klever on the Renegade is just too loud for me. I want to say its because the Jeep is so quiet that the only thing making excess noise are the tires. I vote negative on the road noise.

Ride quality is good. It feels different for sure. The ride is soft and heavy. Soft as in I don't feel the bumps as much because the thicker tire absorbs some of the impact. Heavy on the steering wheel feel. I vote positive on this.

Alignment is off. It pulls to the right. After having the rubbing issues, I changed back to the stock wheels and the alignment is good again. I won't be getting an alignment done on the mud tires since I will only be using them when I go off roading. I vote neutral. I expected alignment issues but since its not permanent and I won't being doing an alignment every time I swap wheel sets.

Fuel economy is poor. With the roof rack it went down from 29 to 23. Plus the tires its 15. The roof rack changed to a consistent mpg but the tires fluctuate a lot. 15 is average but it gets lower than that when getting up to speed. I vote negative on this.

For now the rack and tires stay off the Jeep until I need to use them.

Until I figure out a solution for the front tires I don't feel comfortable testing them off road yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 207 (permalink) Old 06-27-2015, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Kenda Klever on the left. BFG Mud on the right.

Kenda Klever 235/75R15.

BFG Mud on the front. Kenda Klever on the back.

Kenda Klever on both side.

Both Kenda Klever on this side.

Kenda Klever rubbing on the back on the tire at full lock. With the fender liner off, you can see it will hit the end of the side skirt. The end of the skirt will need to be cut to fully clear the 235/75.

Kenda Klever rubbing the front. With the fender liner off, it will clear the front no problem. But it exposes everything there and the extra large lugs/thread will kick up even more dirt and mud into the fender well.

You can see the tire pulling the side skirt end out. The steering wheel turns around 1.5 turns. The Kenda will only allow me to turn 1 turn at rolling speed, before it rubs. 3/4 of a turn, if its at a bit of speed with a bit of lean.

You can see where the tire is pulling the side skirt end and the fender mounts that the tire will rub as well, if the side skirt end is trimmed out of the way. At full lock the tire comes really close to rubbing the already cut and welded seam. If the seam was not cut, it will definitely rub the seam. This is at a stop, image being at full wheel lock and some spring compression when offroading. It will rub.

ADKTrevor, lamont and LAS like this.

2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
San Jacinto, CA
Bee Canyon -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old Idylwild Road
Thomas Trail
Black Mountain
post #53 of 207 (permalink) Old 06-27-2015, 08:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
It's too bad the Kendas rub so much and your Rene gets only 15mpg with them on, this looks so perfect.

twospirits, KEEP3R and ADKTrevor like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 207 (permalink) Old 06-27-2015, 10:08 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Garage
twospirits likes this.
post #55 of 207 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 01:21 AM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
I love the look of those on it!

2015 TH Black Renegade
2014 Softail Slim 103Ci Stage 4 109HP 117TQ (The Mistress)
post #56 of 207 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 02:21 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
I put Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 in 225-75 16 on a set of standard 16" black steel rims from Tire Rack w/ 1" RR spacers and have only had it rub once under aggressive braking while tires were at full lock. There is enough clearance with my setup that I would not consider cutting/modifying the fenders or liners. I am very happy with the combination. Mileage did drop significantly. Noise is heard between 25 and 35 mph, but goes away above that. They work perfectly for the offroad environments I frequent (combination of rock/dirt/sand in So Cal).

post #57 of 207 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 09:19 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
What is your MPG now astrobdean?
post #58 of 207 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 10:37 PM

Between 16 and 18 mixed driving. On flat freeway at 65 the best it gets is between 24 and 25. At 70 that drops to 22.
Incognito likes this.
post #59 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
ohhhh i love the look of those!! so you didn't have to take the fender wells off?
post #60 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 10:33 PM

Firegrl-I did not have to remove them. Just added the spacers and the wheels and tires. I will give a shout out to America's/Discount Tire. My local shop knew there might be a fitment issue, and ordered the wheels and tires with the understanding the the final purchase would be dependant on them fitting. They used a jack both front and back to fully compress the suspension prior to mounting all four. They allowed me to watch so i would be comfortable with how they fit prior to proceeding with all 5 wheels and tires. They were great to work with. On a side note, the fifth wheel fits in the spare area between the styrofoam and jack kit. It's tight but it fits. The cargo cover also still fits just fine. I think any bigger than this size would start to cause issues.
firegrl21, LittleRedJeep and Rufus like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page