8Likes

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 03:43 PM

First Name: Richard
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84cj View Post
I think, and I could be wrong. Most people buy them either for the looks, versatility or the Jeep name. Not necessarily for it's possible off road/rough road abilities. Insert soccer moms here.....

I guess. For me though being retired and on my own this was how I wanted to go. It works for around town and is comfortable but I think a lot of people don't realize how capable it really is. I do see quite a few in my area where those are the type of people driving around. I think they are using it as a Subaru alternative. There are even a lot who have the 2 wheel drive model just for the looks. Like I said though I do not baby it out in the wild and it has not let me down.
84cj likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 10:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Interesting thread. I've had my Renegade for three years now. It's a 2016, had 17 miles on it, everything black, badges, Bigfoot on the rear window, the big wheels, etc. (don't remember the actual model name). I call it my Johnny Cash Jeep. Has just over 16000 miles in just over three years. Pretty light driving. Never taken it off-road, aside from having to go up on a curb to go around debris in the road after a bad thunderstorm...lol....Anyway, I imagine it would do pretty well off road, but I enjoy it as a sweet-running SUV. Only issue I've had is that once-in-a-while the speed control won't set the speed, but once the car is turned-off and started again it will work. So, I've learned to live with that. Have no idea what they'd do to fix it. Not a constant problem.... All things said-and-done, it's a really good car. Fantastic in snow. We had a horrible winter. Lots and lots of snow, and freezing cold temps, but nothing stopped this car. I could go anywhere I needed. When family couldn't get to the store or the doctor's, I was there.............I like this car a lot..oh, and 27.2 mpg in town and we got about 30 with Interstate travel on last year's vacation. Yes, I'd buy another one and I might in a couple years or so.
Tamos7 and User Name like this.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 11:59 AM

First Name: James
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryGarrett View Post
Interesting thread. I've had my Renegade for three years now. It's a 2016, had 17 miles on it, everything black, badges, Bigfoot on the rear window, the big wheels, etc. (don't remember the actual model name). I call it my Johnny Cash Jeep. Has just over 16000 miles in just over three years. Pretty light driving. Never taken it off-road, aside from having to go up on a curb to go around debris in the road after a bad thunderstorm...lol....Anyway, I imagine it would do pretty well off road, but I enjoy it as a sweet-running SUV. Only issue I've had is that once-in-a-while the speed control won't set the speed, but once the car is turned-off and started again it will work. So, I've learned to live with that. Have no idea what they'd do to fix it. Not a constant problem.... All things said-and-done, it's a really good car. Fantastic in snow. We had a horrible winter. Lots and lots of snow, and freezing cold temps, but nothing stopped this car. I could go anywhere I needed. When family couldn't get to the store or the doctor's, I was there.............I like this car a lot..oh, and 27.2 mpg in town and we got about 30 with Interstate travel on last year's vacation. Yes, I'd buy another one and I might in a couple years or so.

We've had ours close to 2 years now. We live at the end of an UNMAINTAINED county gravel road and ours is off-road on the farm and at canoe put-ins all the time. ZERO problems. Nothing but oil changes and tire rotations, although, we're going to be tire shopping before winter. I've gotten to where I take it instead of my truck to the river most of the time. Love it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sawyer Autumn Mist 004.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	328.4 KB
ID:	2396344021  
84cj likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page