Picked up used ‘17 Latitude interested in adding factory remote start - Jeep Renegade Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Mud Pie

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Picked up used ‘17 Latitude interested in adding factory remote start

Hello all, new here as I said in the title looking to add remote start to a ‘17 Latitude. Was it a factory option and is it possible to add after the fact? Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 09:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Try reading the post on aftermarket add ons
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 10:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I know this is the old key fobs that we still had to put in the ignition, but were rfid chips no keys. I asked the dealer how much it would be to put in factory DRCJ remote start on my 2010 Charger and was told I would have to have the ignition replaced, and a module added. I assume that would also mean the computer flashed to recognize it and of course new fobs. I was told to look into the aftermarket remote starts it would be a heck lot cheaper. Idk with push start if this would be the same to get true factory remote start but if so those ignitons are like 800 bucks then the fobs are like 300-500 a piece idk how much this module is then of course labor and programming fees. I would look into seeing if there is aftermarket kits that work with our jeeps first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 09:06 PM

First Name: Jeff
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJO99 View Post
Hello all, new here as I said in the title looking to add remote start to a ‘17 Latitude. Was it a factory option and is it possible to add after the fact? Thank you
2017 renegade trailhawk comes with a remote start, maybe works?
saw several systems on amazon, have to use their fobs. as low as $46.00

Last edited by jeff1; 07-08-2019 at 09:15 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 08:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
I'm no help at all as I'll say "get the idea outta yer head".

Very, and I mean VERY little of this vehicle is Plug n Play. I think the only thing guaranteed to be Plug n Play are the floor mats. Sure, you can add an aftermarket remote start (use the search function to see others posts) and it may work and it may not. It may create havoc with your existing system, you may have to go to the dealer for a proxy alignment (programming) or buy the software/hardware yourself and do it. As far as aftermarket, remember the old adage; you get what you pay for.

Or (my suggestion), just keep wishing you had it then walk outside and start your vehicle as it came; push button start. Less money, less headache and you'll sleep better at night.
CRZY4x4 and mikeindp like this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Pie View Post
I'm no help at all as I'll say "get the idea outta yer head".

Very, and I mean VERY little of this vehicle is Plug n Play. I think the only thing guaranteed to be Plug n Play are the floor mats. Sure, you can add an aftermarket remote start (use the search function to see others posts) and it may work and it may not. It may create havoc with your existing system, you may have to go to the dealer for a proxy alignment (programming) or buy the software/hardware yourself and do it. As far as aftermarket, remember the old adage; you get what you pay for.

Or (my suggestion), just keep wishing you had it then walk outside and start your vehicle as it came; push button start. Less money, less headache and you'll sleep better at night.
This exactly!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 Renegade 2.4 (BU) *CURRENT*
2018 Wrangler 3.6 (JK-U) *CURRENT*
2017 Patriot 2.0 (MK74)
2017 Wrangler 3.6 Unlimited (JK-U)
2013 Grand Cherokee 3.6 Trailhawk (WK2)
2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7 Laredo (WJ)
2002 Liberty 3.7 Limited (KJ)
2000 Wrangler 4.0 Sport (TJ)
1993 Wrangler 4.0 Base (YJ) [Rubicon Trail Jeep Jamboree 7 Times]
1990 Wrangler 2.5 Base (YJ)
1989 Wrangler 2.5 Base (YJ)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page