Would you buy it again? - Page 2 - Jeep Renegade Forum
 28Likes

post #11 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
I'd buy mine again, love the milage and that 1.4l turbo. The only thing I'd do differently is get 4wd. I wouldn't get the auto. Drive the manual before you buy the automatic!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 07:52 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Garage
It's not really a fair question. I've had no problems with my 2015 Trailhawk and like it very much, but I can't imagine ever buying the same model vehicle twice unless it's undergone a complete remodel. There's just too many different vehicles that I want to try.
post #13 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 08:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Concur with rsanges. After all, people and the vehicles they prefer to drive change over time. And it is a matter of time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 09:02 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Absolutely not. It is a nice little vehicle, but for the price there are better compact SUVs. After the first big snowfall, I realized it isn't a capable vehicle. I live in town, we had a 16 inch snow fall and I was as stuck at home as my wife in her Buick Verano. It is too light, hasn't got enough power to pull itself out of deep snow and doesn't feel stable on the slushy roads. Better tires will help, I am still running factory rubber, but they will not help enough to make me want to keep it.

I am so happy I leased the renegade. I would have been better off with the GMC Terrian or the Ford Escape I was looking at. As soon as the lease is over, I will trade it in so fast for a decent SUV with better resale value, better snow capabilities and better build.

These are personal opinions, your mileage may vary.
post #15 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 09:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Definitely, although I would probably go with a Trailhawk.
post #16 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 11:37 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Well, for me it is a totally fair question! Test drove a 2015, had a weird feeling and didn't like it. Bought a Dodge dart, drove two years, had a radio issue, got a free rental latitude, loved it for two days. Couple of months later, traded in the dart and bought a 2016 trailhawk. Loved it. Long story short.... Totaled it two months in. Yes, I bought it again. Same exact thing, different color and had them add towing. Still love it. Would recommend to anyone who is used to smaller cars but wants something a little larger and definitely more capable.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

~Mel

I have a Black 2016 Renegade Trailhawk. Hoping to become a part of Jeep culture and try out a Jeep Jamboree too.
post #17 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 03:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jeep View Post
Whats up everyone! hopefully this isn't a long post lol
So lately I've been thinking of getting a renegade, I currently have a 370z and honestly I hate it. I bought it at 19, and Its a great car no doubt but as I get older (now 25) Ive grown a passion for long road trips, camping, photography, Im also trying to become a firefighter and will eventually have to carry my boots and some gear. I think overall something thats a bit more practical and although the trunk space isn't great its better than mine. I also don't have kids, just my gf so I took an interest in the little jeep because I don't need a rubicon. Just something to save me some gas while I get on some trails to camp out, fish, daily driver and groceries.

I was thinking of the 4x4 limited? MAYBE the trailhawk but i suppose id have to get a killer deal for that one. I'm hoping to get 17k for my car.

If you had to do it over, would you buy yours again? or different trim?
just wondering how you guys would recommend it for me, will be test driving one today. thank you!
I traded in my 2009 370z last month for the 2016 Dawn of Justice version Latitude. I work out of my car ( insurance sales) and the Z was just too small and a bitch to get in and out of ten times a day (I'm 42). I've put 2000 miles on it so far and even climbed a muddy 8% grade hill with no issues. If you are going to go off-road a lot I would recommend the Trailhawk version since it's got higher clearance and better 4-wheel drive. I just needed it for the occasional customer who lives on dirt roads in the hills and when I visit clients in Lake Tahoe so the Latitude works well for me. The mileage has been better and the gas cheaper since you can use regular unleaded but when you need to pass someone at freeway speeds you will definitely miss the Z. Good luck.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
post #18 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 05:13 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TH4x4 View Post
No.

What he said "NO"
post #19 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 08:49 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Probably not. I find that I don't care for the 9 speed transmission, and I already have a manual jeep wrangler to drive around when I want, so I wanted the automatic for my daily driver. I regret that decision, and with all the problems I've had, I think I'd pass, but it's a tough call, and my opinion may change if/when I ever get my TH back from the dealership.

I really only got the Renegade because I have a wrangler in my garage. If I were you, I'd look at getting a 2-door wrangler sport. Us single/non-married guys only need 2. You could go 4 door if you want. Honestly, while the gas mileage is better in the Renegade, it's not as good as it is advertised, and at the cost of the 9 speed transmission. I'm not sure where you live, but I have to deal with the rolling hills of Western Pennsylvania, so that may be a reason why my mpg is lower than expected and why I'm not a fan of the 9 speed. I wouldn't fork out the money for a Rubicon, but you can take a Sport and do a lot of upgrades pretty easily for less than the $10k price difference.
JFS likes this.
post #20 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 10:40 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercuprenegade View Post
Absolutely not. It is a nice little vehicle, but for the price there are better compact SUVs. After the first big snowfall, I realized it isn't a capable vehicle. I live in town, we had a 16 inch snow fall and I was as stuck at home as my wife in her Buick Verano. It is too light, hasn't got enough power to pull itself out of deep snow and doesn't feel stable on the slushy roads. Better tires will help, I am still running factory rubber, but they will not help enough to make me want to keep it.

I am so happy I leased the renegade. I would have been better off with the GMC Terrian or the Ford Escape I was looking at. As soon as the lease is over, I will trade it in so fast for a decent SUV with better resale value, better snow capabilities and better build.

These are personal opinions, your mileage may vary.
I would stay away from the Ford Escape, I had one and it is terrible in the snow. I have had no problem with my Renegade in deep snow but I have the TH and it comes with Wranglers. I have replaced those with Yokohamas but the stock wranglers did surprisingly well. The only issue I have is when the snow plows come through and add double the snow at the end of your drive way. I just put it in snow mode and bust my way through.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page