Have you purchased another Renegade? - Jeep Renegade Forum
 4Likes

post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Have you purchased another Renegade?

I know one of the concerns with the Jeep Renegade, since it was first introduced, has been the lack of horsepower. My lease runs out in another year, and it doesn't look like the Renegade will be offered with an optional engine. I was wondering if anyone purchased another Renegade even though you thought it lacked enough horsepower? Are there others on here who may be thinking of another Renegade purchase because there's more to the Renegade than just horsies under the hood?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 05:04 PM

First Name: Nate
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
I know one of the concerns with the Jeep Renegade, since it was first introduced, has been the lack of horsepower. My lease runs out in another year, and it doesn't look like the Renegade will be offered with an optional engine. I was wondering if anyone purchased another Renegade even though you thought it lacked enough horsepower? Are there others on here who may be thinking of another Renegade purchase because there's more to the Renegade than just horsies under the hood?
Go for the stick shift and you'll like it even more. If you can drive a stick. The auto is boring for me.
Newadventurer likes this.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 06:06 PM

First Name: Mike
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
I'd buy another, configured just like the one I drive now.
mak1965 likes this.

MikeP
2017 Jetset Blue Renegade Sport 4X4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 08:07 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
id buy a Cherokee TH with the V6. More power and a real rear locker.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
wyliec likes this.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-20-2017, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
I'd go for the stick and a tune if you're looking for more power. If you don't want a stick, I'd also recommend a Cherokee with the V6. I have a 2014 fwd Cherokee Latitude with the 6 cyl and I can say it's significantly quicker than the Renegade and only gets about 2 less mpg's. Good power at any speed. After a couple flash updates for the tranny, no issues with the 9 speed in that car either.
BU1tj2 likes this.

2016 75th Edition 2.4L
Navigation
Beats Audio
MySky
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-20-2017, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINITJ21 View Post
I'd go for the stick and a tune if you're looking for more power. If you don't want a stick, I'd also recommend a Cherokee with the V6. I have a 2014 fwd Cherokee Latitude with the 6 cyl and I can say it's significantly quicker than the Renegade and only gets about 2 less mpg's. Good power at any speed. After a couple flash updates for the tranny, no issues with the 9 speed in that car either.
I go for another stick shift renegade. If they have a straight 6, I will like it even more!
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-20-2017, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I turned in my leased 2015 Trailhawk and leased a Compass TH. After one month I turned the Compass back in and got a 2017 Renegade Trailhawk. I was not pleased with the Compass and it was no brainer to go back to the Renegade. I got more options in it than my 2015 Renegade which was nice
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-21-2017, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
I just checked the 10 slowest cars list of 2017, and the Renegade is not there. Yesterday I decided to shift the 9 speed manually, and it seemed to go pretty good. I don't think when you shift manually, the GoPedal (which I have) doesn't do anything. Maybe I will stick with the Renegade Limited. I guess I'll see in a year.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-22-2017, 08:43 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailHawk View Post
I turned in my leased 2015 Trailhawk and leased a Compass TH. After one month I turned the Compass back in and got a 2017 Renegade Trailhawk. I was not pleased with the Compass and it was no brainer to go back to the Renegade. I got more options in it than my 2015 Renegade which was nice
What did you not like about the Compass that made you go back to the Renegade?
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-22-2017, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailHawk View Post
Like Sakustoms says, give us feedback if you could.

I thought the compass will be more hip to younger generations and the Renegade is getting "cheaper" in terms of detailed workmanship on the trims.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page