Maximum offset for wheels. - Jeep Renegade Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 02:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Maximum offset for wheels.

Hello, new to the forum here.

I'm researching some new wheels and tires for a Jeep Renegade.

I know the stock offset is about +40mm.

I've been looking at a set of Procomp wheels with 0mm offset, and also they have a different lug pattern so I'd need to add a wheel adapter as well, essentially making the offset -25.4. Is this negative offset too much?

Probably would add some 225 or 235 tires.

1.4t 6 speed manual. Also, would this setup be too much for the little engine?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1036 Post(s)
You would probably run into clearance issues when turning. If you didn't, which I doubt, you would be stressing your wheel bearings with that set up a lot. You also will be adding weight. Without more details, it's hard to quantify how bad an idea it is as certain 225 and 235 sizes won't clear your suspension regardless of wheel choice.

This is the kind of thing where if you have to ask, you shouldn't be doing it IMO.

If you are building something for show, or willing to drive something that will have extraordinary limitations becuase of aesthetic choices, you should understand the compromises you are making. The fact you are asking implies to me you intend to daily drive this and expect it to basically drive normally. To that the answer is no.. I highly doubt the set up you describe will work well. Especially if your tire choice is additionally problematic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 02:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The Altitude model comes stock with 225/55 R18 on 8" +40 wheels, so I doubt you will have problems with clearance issues if you stay in the general overall diameter , having less offset (distance between the center line of the wheel to the mount surface) means the entire package will be further outward, which creates more space for the suspension bits. Procomp makes a decent amount of wheels with 5x110 or (5x4.5?), you should be able find one without the need for adapters.
For size comparison use tiresize.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190402-234531_1554274282113.png
Views:	25
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	2396343757  

Last edited by Sleepy; 04-03-2019 at 02:56 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page