215/65R16 General Grabbers AT2 on stock 16" - Jeep Renegade Forum
 2Likes

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
215/65R16 General Grabbers AT2 on stock 16"

Just in case someone is considering a purchase of General Grabbers. I thought I would include some pictures to help someone make a decision. The grabbers are on the stock 16" wheels. They are also stock size 215/65R16. The renegade is a 4x4 sport model.

The ride is a tad harsher, and the road noise is quite a bit more than stock. The ride isn't bad though, and the road noise is acceptable. They are also studdable for winter.

LittleRedJeep and PNW like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 02:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Garage
Thumbs up

Man, those things are nice and meaty... Time to get dirty!

- Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 11:27 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
They look decent enough. Any reason you didnt size up either width or heigt? Seems like a waste of money to only get a more aggressive tread. Just curious. About to buy tires this Friday going 225 / 70/ 16s Hankook Dynastat AT M.

2016 Jeep Renegade Latitude 4x4 ANVIL aka Jeepetto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 10:24 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
He may be waiting for more long-term statistics. I love the look of the lifted Renegade but I don't think there is enough data yet to see what kind of effect it may have on the vehicle long-term. I can wait, I was in a few bad snow storms here in Colorado this winter and the Renegade TH did not skip a beat on the stock Wranglers.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 07:23 PM

Wow super handsome..............!!!!!!!!!!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepetto View Post
They look decent enough. Any reason you didnt size up either width or heigt? Seems like a waste of money to only get a more aggressive tread. Just curious. About to buy tires this Friday going 225 / 70/ 16s Hankook Dynastat AT M.
My girlfriend has a renegade and she blew one tire and got a severe bubble in the other. She of course had no spare. My renegade only had about 800 miles on it so I gave her three of my tires. Two to replace the ones that were destroyed and one for a spare. I used the one remaining for my spare. The grabbers were on sale for $99.98 each. So I spent $400 and we both got spares, she got her damaged and destroyed tires replaced and I got a brand new set.

To answer the question on why I stayed at stock size. The service managers at the two closest jeep dealers instructed me to. They both stated that the FCA regional rep told them to make an entry in the vehicles record if the vehicle has any modifications. He said that the rep specifically mentioned any tire size that does not correspond stock. I did ask why, but neither gave me a straight answer. One said "they just want to keep a record", the other said "probably so they can deny warranty claims on the transmission and or suspension." Yes I know all about the Magnuson-Moss Act or what ever its called. I don't have the time or money to deal with the drama associated with challenging the warranty denial.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 01:52 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpdc2056 View Post
Just in case someone is considering a purchase of General Grabbers. I thought I would include some pictures to help someone make a decision. The grabbers are on the stock 16" wheels. They are also stock size 215/65R16. The renegade is a 4x4 sport model.

The ride is a tad harsher, and the road noise is quite a bit more than stock. The ride isn't bad though, and the road noise is acceptable. They are also studdable for winter.
Those look really nice! Thank you for not going with K02's like everyone and their mother. It's nice to see something different! To avoid warranty denials, just get another set of wheels later and put bigger tires on those, so that way you can swap them out yourself as you please when you hit the trails...that way you don't have to run them all the time and you can put your normal size tires and wheels on that you have here for your typical daily driving.

2016 Renegade Latitude 1.4T, 4x4
2016 Buick Enclave - wife's
2007 Nissan 350z - Track Car
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 01:53 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepetto View Post
Sir Jeepetto, Thank you as well for not going with K02's like everyone and their mother. Have you posted pictures of these tires on your Renegade somewhere on this forum? If not please do so, I would like to see them!

2016 Renegade Latitude 1.4T, 4x4
2016 Buick Enclave - wife's
2007 Nissan 350z - Track Car
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016, 12:26 AM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drifter View Post
Sir Jeepetto, Thank you as well for not going with K02's like everyone and their mother. Have you posted pictures of these tires on your Renegade somewhere on this forum? If not please do so, I would like to see them!
Yes sir search hankook in title of posts. You will find my thread with pics.

2016 Jeep Renegade Latitude 4x4 ANVIL aka Jeepetto
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 04:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
This forum is awesome, I was also considering upgrading tires and staying at the stock size. My Sport 4x4 and yours are identical. Those tires look awesome on the stock wheels.

-MEZuno

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page