TPMS on aftermarket wheels? - Page 2 - Jeep Renegade Forum

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 01:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
yeah they have 433 stamped right on them and visibly they are identical to the ones that are in my original set. Down to the FCC #s . I keep looking at the other 3 and the one from my original set looking for an on off switch LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbagrows View Post
I bought a set of steel wheels for snow tires, and also picked up TPMS sensors for them. Bought OEM sensors from a 2015 Renegade on ebay - they were used for 6 months, and looked to be in perfect condition. Were around $25 each, and tire shop that installed them had no issues. They were automatically detected by my Rene without any issues.

If you're not going to use the stick wheels, I'consider selling them. I've never heard of a dealer hassling a customer for aftermarket wheels/tires.
How does the computer know which sensors are on which tires? In the past when I get my tires rotated, the dealer has had to reprogram each TPMS in each tire so that the correct tire was lined up with the correct pressure on the screen on the dash. Does the Renegade automatically sense which corners of the vehicle the sensors are in?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Renegade Latitude 1.4T, 4x4
2016 Buick Enclave - wife's
2007 Nissan 350z - Track Car
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 05:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
yeah its the near field communication tech the Ren comes with, the same way it knows you have the fob in your pocket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 10:43 PM

First Name: Jason
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Radio frequency, hence the MHZ #s , is how it transmits from the sensor to the receiver. Every 100 milliseconds (plus or minus) data gets sent, and based on pressure, kicks a light if its low enough. If it operated as the same as the keyless, there would be some interference. Also why there are 2 frequencies used in all TPMS sensors.

GM vehicles need to be relearned after a rotation is done, as it doesn't know when sensors are moved. Others, like certain Jeeps, FCA vehicles, do not need a reset, and indirect systems (mazda,Honda,audi,etc) must be reset or relearned with a drive cycle, or a reset of the computer with a button, or a few presses of some buttons - see audi.

94 YJ
95 ZJ
98 XJ (2wd)
05 WK (2wd)
15 Renegade Trailhawk

Last edited by txjeeper35; 03-17-2017 at 10:44 PM. Reason: oops
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 01:21 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbagrows View Post
FYI - just found sensors from the same seller that I purchased mine from:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/53305555-TPM...xXac4Z&vxp=mtr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post
I put a brand new set in my aftermarket rims and they learned before I pulled out of the driveway! I looked and looked and for some reason these 433mhz ones are very expensive. I found them from a local parts store and they were $60 each!! I shopped around online and saw them for a little less so I opted to support my local business and bought them local. Had my tire shop install them and they were picked up by the computer before i left his driveway. Are you sure you got 433mhz? I know for a fact the much cheaper 434mhz (that the cherokee uses) will not work. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by txjeeper35 View Post
Radio frequency, hence the MHZ #s , is how it transmits from the sensor to the receiver. Every 100 milliseconds (plus or minus) data gets sent, and based on pressure, kicks a light if its low enough. If it operated as the same as the keyless, there would be some interference. Also why there are 2 frequencies used in all TPMS sensors.

GM vehicles need to be relearned after a rotation is done, as it doesn't know when sensors are moved. Others, like certain Jeeps, FCA vehicles, do not need a reset, and indirect systems (mazda,Honda,audi,etc) must be reset or relearned with a drive cycle, or a reset of the computer with a button, or a few presses of some buttons - see audi.
@kbagrows thank you I used the same seller to get an extra set of those 433 MHz sensors. @Pliny the seller on ebay that kbagrows used to buy his is very reasonable and sold me a set of four of the 433 MHz for $100 shipped to my door. Hopefully they work well. @txjeeper35 that must be it, I have had and still have a GM vehicle that requires a tool to relearn each tire once the tires are rotated. I am glad this Renegade automatically relearns the sensors! So that way I can rotate my own tires in the driveway and save $25 each time. Excellent!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Renegade Latitude 1.4T, 4x4
2016 Buick Enclave - wife's
2007 Nissan 350z - Track Car
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
You're welcome - hopefully yours work as well as mine. No issues so far....

2016 Latitude, 4x4, 1.4L 6spd manual, Crystal Granite

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page