Radiator Cooling fan issue THREAD - Page 22 - Jeep Renegade Forum
 34Likes

post #211 of 241 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 04:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks for the reply! Sorry for the double post with pretty much the same information, for some reason it didn't go through the first time but eventually posted. Umm I will have to look into this possibly being the motor mount. If it was the motor mount wouldn't it eventually give out? This vibration has been pretty much the life of the car, as I mentioned I have had car brand new since 2015. I've had broken motor mounts on other vehicles and it wasn't long before they just failed and vehicle was not drivable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 241 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 09:46 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by see1986 View Post
Thanks for the reply! Sorry for the double post with pretty much the same information, for some reason it didn't go through the first time but eventually posted. Umm I will have to look into this possibly being the motor mount. If it was the motor mount wouldn't it eventually give out? This vibration has been pretty much the life of the car, as I mentioned I have had car brand new since 2015. I've had broken motor mounts on other vehicles and it wasn't long before they just failed and vehicle was not drivable.
The mount may or may not give out. There was a change in production sometime early on, and that supposedly cured a lot of peoples similar complaints. I don't recall anybody saying that theirs actually broke, but the vibration is/was a common complaint.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 Renegade 2.4 (BU) *CURRENT*
2018 Wrangler 3.6 (JK-U) *CURRENT*
2017 Patriot 2.0 (MK74)
2017 Wrangler 3.6 Unlimited (JK-U)
2013 Grand Cherokee 3.6 Trailhawk (WK2)
2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7 Laredo (WJ)
2002 Liberty 3.7 Limited (KJ)
2000 Wrangler 4.0 Sport (TJ)
1993 Wrangler 4.0 Base (YJ) [Rubicon Trail Jeep Jamboree 7 Times]
1990 Wrangler 2.5 Base (YJ)
1989 Wrangler 2.5 Base (YJ)
post #213 of 241 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks for the response. I will go ahead and check this out, once I get it resolved I will inform you what was done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #214 of 241 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 06:21 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Bought my 2017 Jeep Renegade in July last year, it was a pre-owned vehicle with about 6700 miles on it. It now has about 21,000 miles on it and while I was sitting at a drive thru on Friday afternoon, my warning light came on that the engine was running very hot. Fortunately I was able to pull up in the parking lot to let it cool down. The CDJR Apple dealership that I bought it from is right down the street but I called while I was waiting in the parking lot and they wouldn't be able to look at until about mid-week. Drove back home. Fiance looks at the car and sees that the fuse is blown. Buy a new fuse and try it again. AC was on to get the temp up and he yells at me to turn it off because now the radiator fan is smoking. Another fuse blown and now determined that the fan is the issue and needs replaced. Ok, the car is still under warranty. He looks up and sees that this has been a problem in my certain vehicle. Now, the vehicle was just in 3/22/19 because the service engine light was on and it was a thermostat problem. I get that all cars are eventually gonna have issues but I've had it less than a year and it's gonna be in the shop twice in less than 3 months!!! What's worse, they don't have loaner vehicles so I have to rent a vehicle from Enterprise if I want any type of transportation. The repair for my vehicle is covered because of warranty but I'm still out over $400 because of getting insurance and renting a car for a week. Am I a bit distraught?? Would you be?? Love my vehicle but I'm so close to just trading in!!!!
post #215 of 241 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 08:20 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreed03 View Post
Love my vehicle but I'm so close to just trading in!!!!
I get that. FCA (the company that owns the Jeep name) is not known for quality products - especially at the lower price points. Unfortunately, the the Renegade is near the bottom of their pricing structure -so they basically don't care if they have a certain failure rate. It's cheaper for them to just ignore problems with these vehicle than to fix them. Get rid of it or burn it in a fire pit.

BTW: my 2015 has been fine..., nay perfect. Never been back to the dealer (which I credit for part of the successful relationship).
post #216 of 241 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 03:09 AM

First Name: Mike
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreed03 View Post
Now, the vehicle was just in 3/22/19 because the service engine light was on and it was a thermostat problem. I get that all cars are eventually gonna have issues but I've had it less than a year and it's gonna be in the shop twice in less than 3 months!!!
You've been a bit unlucky, possibly. The fan and thermostat have been common problems, along with batteries at times, so once fixed the car may be fine for many years.
Unfortunately for this type of car and price, trading it is possibly as much of a lottery as keeping it.

Previously: 2017, 1.4 petrol, 6 speed auto, FWD, Limited, Omaha Orange ...

Now gone electric.
post #217 of 241 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 08:36 PM
RSK

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Add my 2015 Renegade to the list of 1000’s on failed radiator fans. Only 34,800 miles but the age takes it just out of warranty. $560 to fix at the dealership and yes “there should be a recall on these”. I own a Ram, Challenger and 2 Jeep, now that is customer loyalty. FCA needs to step up and do the right thing for their loyal customers. If there is ever a class action lawsuit or recall on this obviously failed safety hazard part, sign me up! Pissed!
post #218 of 241 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRods4Ever View Post
Folks! Can't believe this entire thread goes without mentioning which replacement fan is best to buy, or which has the heat shield!

I found on ebay a listing which clearly shows the labeling and P/Ns for one with the heat shield. It is a Mopar Mahle P/N 68360299AA, but it must be a later version. Note the date on the box label, it is from Aug 2019, so maybe there is a date range when the fans come with heat shields (like after a certain build date).

A friend tried to order one and many of them out there DO NOT have the heat shield. She is now having to return the replacement fan, what a hassle!

Looks like can order 68360299AA but have to call/verify has the heat shield. See also attached photos.

Ebay Search Ricambi Radiator 68360299 and you may find similar or same listing. Or just search ebay for 68360299 and scroll through pics until you see one with heat shield (take off the AA for better search).
What is the purpose for the heat shield? Is it on the ball bearing side or the bushing side? Just called my dealer and they say part will most likely be whatever is OEM and will probably be the black plastic. Quoted 2 hours labor and $382 total for the job.
post #219 of 241 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 05:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I started having the same problem with all the same symptoms about 2 weeks ago. I was disheartened to say the least to read all through this and realize I was going to have to pay out of pocket to have it repaired, especially given that I'm at 37k miles, just 1k beyond the initial warranty. Not that that would have made a difference apparently.

I scheduled an appointment Wednesday with the dealership for tomorrow (Friday). I got a call this morning from the technician that they had just today received the recall for this issue and my service tomorrow will be free. Pretty amazing timing.

I didn't actually see it yet on the sites tracking recalls but I wanted to make it known that it appears to have finally been recalled.
dgr401 likes this.
post #220 of 241 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
I'm at my dealer for an oil change and there is recall they're doing for this issue I believe. It was just issued on June 27th.

Use the My Jeep app, favorite recall site and your Vin # to check your vehicle.

See pic for my Jeep page for my 2016 Renegade Trailhawk.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
rsanges likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

2016 Trailhawk Omaha Orange

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page