Why huge back-order on 2015 Jeep Renegade Sun Visors? - Jeep Renegade Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Why huge back-order on 2015 Jeep Renegade Sun Visors?

I have a 2015 Jeep Renegade Trail Hawk....luv the look and most options....

Very disappointed with the cheap sun visors though. Had driver side visor fail (would no longer stay up) in Spring 2017. Dealer ordered replacement and installed within reasonable time frame.

Now as of Summer 2018, passenger side visor has failed (same issue: will not stay up). Took my Trail Hawk into dealer 3 weeks ago and told there is a nationwide back-order on the sun visors.

Called dealer other day and still told of significant back-order with no ETA of shipment or when can be replaced.

This is a huge driving hazard. Windshield is partially obstructed. Attempting to “MacGyver” issue is not why I bought a brand new vehicle under warranty.

I contacted Jeep Customer Care/Service this week only for them to confirm significant back-order with no ETA of shipment or when visors will be replaced. Per dealer(s) and Jeep Customer Care/Service, this has been an ongoing issue especially with 2015 Jeep Renegade sun visors failing.

I hope someone from Jeep Customer Care is monitoring forum….
A sun visor that does not stay up is a driving hazard (And yes, vehicle is still under warranty and I rarely use my sun visors….I won’t even attach garage door remote to them due to how cheap they are made/installed). When there is a nationwide backlog of making replacement parts available, this is indicative a bigger problem. Hope this is resolved as soon as possible.

Note: I have recently purchased MOPAR extended warranty since the transmission on same Trail Hawk was replaced within first 12 months of having purchased vehicle. Dealer had eventually tested and gotten ok by Jeep HQ that transmission was faulty. (Ironically, last Jeep I owned in the mid 1990’s had to have the engine replaced within first year. After 1990’s Jeep experience, I vowed to not own another Jeep….but then decided to give it another shot 20 years later…. I’d like to have confidence in and want to believe in Jeep products again).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 02:22 PM

First Name: Frank
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
I wonder why they have them? https://www.factorymoparparts.com/oe...hoCYc4QAvD_BwE

2017 Altitude
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1056 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorodo View Post
They have left side. He needs the right side which they claim they have, but have it listed for $176 instead of $42.

It's also not the mounting hardware, which may need replacing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 03:28 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
i wouldnt trust those websites to accurately show parts in stock. a month or so ago when i was looking for the factory hitch, some dealer websites showed they had it in stock while other non-dealer websites showed out of stock....after calling local dealers and these websites, they all informed me that the part was on national back order with no ETA

2017 Limited 4x4
1998 Explorer 4x4
1998 Mustang GT
2001 F150 Supercrew
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 07:40 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
My Dodge Neon passenger side visor clip broke four times. I just started stocking them in the glove box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page