1Likes
  • 1 Post By mylilturtle

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Auto Climate Control

HeLp! After a little clarification from the group if you can. I have a 2017 Sport 1.4L Turbo, and found a Auto Climate Control from a Junk Yard for a 2016 Model. I easily installed it, but have come across the flashing Millage on the Dash now. A friend is a mechanic for VW, and I discussed the issue with him. He said that this could have a crashing effect on the CANBUS, and end up bringing it down.

I contacted the local service and parts dept regarding the 'upgrade' option for my VIN, and parts was clear that the head is not compatible. I asked if I put it on, if service would be able to FLASH it. He had no idea if they could.

I am concerned only a little about it crashing, and more concerned about it voiding the Warranty. Anyone have any experience with this issue, and how it may be resolved? Should I just deal with the flashing mileage? Should I take into the dealer and ask them to FLASH it? What are your thoughts please. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 08:20 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilturtle View Post
HeLp! After a little clarification from the group if you can. I have a 2017 Sport 1.4L Turbo, and found a Auto Climate Control from a Junk Yard for a 2016 Model. I easily installed it, but have come across the flashing Millage on the Dash now. A friend is a mechanic for VW, and I discussed the issue with him. He said that this could have a crashing effect on the CANBUS, and end up bringing it down.

I contacted the local service and parts dept regarding the 'upgrade' option for my VIN, and parts was clear that the head is not compatible. I asked if I put it on, if service would be able to FLASH it. He had no idea if they could.

I am concerned only a little about it crashing, and more concerned about it voiding the Warranty. Anyone have any experience with this issue, and how it may be resolved? Should I just deal with the flashing mileage? Should I take into the dealer and ask them to FLASH it? What are your thoughts please. Thank you

From the other posts I've read..it looks like to solution to the flashing would be taking it to your dealer and let them flash the system with the new climate control. Of course the dual climate control wont actually work on the passenger side...but at least the computer wound recognize the climate control unit.

GL with it

'15 Alpine White Latitude / 2.4L I4 MultiAir Engine 9-speed w/ backup cam & Full Spare.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Thank you... the Proxy Flash worked and stopped the flashing.
MAXintosh likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page