3Likes
  • 2 Post By Renegade1992
  • 1 Post By jeff1

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2017, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Daystar Bull Bar install w/cornering lights

Hey guys, first time post here so just wanna help out anyone I can looking to get this done.

So I have a 2017 Jeep Renegade Altitude edition (basically a latitude just in all black)

I was nervous about parallel parking and leaving it in a major city I frequent a lot, so I looked into getting a bull bar. Since I do not go off-roading I did not need anything extreme or expensive, so Daystar seemed like the best choice.After scouring all the threads on this topic I compiled a list of what I went through.

I will preface that this took me 2 hours the instructions are complete garbage and mine were completely wrong.

So here are the pictures and what I did

Step 1: Throw out the directions and little 90 degree brackets, they are trash

Step 1.5: Use a flat head screwdriver to pry off the end caps on the front bumper

Step 2: Using a 15mm socket remove the 2 selected bolts from each side

Step 3: Using the supplied longer bolt, Use a washer and a spacer for the top bolt on the driver side, I had to use a gator grip since it was a 17 inch socket and I did not have a long attachment and the standard OEM bolt on the bottom.

Step 4: You will have to rotate the Bracket to go around the condenser line, but once you do, I used the OEM bolts to secure this bracket on.

Step 5: Measure the distance from the inside corned of the cap to the end of the bracket about 3 inches and use a dremel or soldering iron, cut a grove to just wedge the caps back on to make it look nice and shard. (This took 20 min, I started with the dremel but the soldering iron worked way better! It is a crisp tight fit and looks way better than the small covers Daystar supplied)

Step 6: Push the caps back on should be a bit of a tight fit, I had to wedge mine on

Step 7: Using the 3.8 inch bolts, washers and nuts, bolt the bar onto the bracket (mine did not come with enough so I had to run out and grab some. you should have 4 bolts, 8 washers, and 4 nuts with your package. they are hardened zinc coated hardware)

Step 8: Enjoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2017, 12:06 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Pictures

Here are the picture I took to help illustrate what I did.

The only thing you can't really see is on the top of the driver's bracket, there is the spacer behind the bracket.

Outside of that, this should hopefully create a pretty straight forward tutorial for anyone interested in buying this bull bar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0252_LI_opt.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	2396336121   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0253_opt.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	2396336129   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0257_LI_opt.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	2396336137   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0260_opt.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	2396336145   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0261_LI_opt.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	2396336153  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0265_opt.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	2396336161   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0269_opt.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	2396336169   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0266_LI_opt.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	2396336177  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Nicely done! I am installing mine shortly. I do go off road a bit down in the pinelands, so I also got and installed the ATP carrier bearing skid plate. Super easy to install. Took me 20 minutes. These should go easy enough (I hope). Thanks again! Nice job
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 12:34 PM

First Name: Marc
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thank you ! I used a 6" and 3" with a deep socket to reach! The jeep bolt are 15mm, the supplied bolts are 11/16 and 9/16 for attaching the bar to the bracket.

A swivel joint would have helped (in Miami they are called "Baracho ratchet" (drunk ratchet))

The soldering iron also worked well.
Now its onto a set of lights....

MArc
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 05:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
this is the kj50006bk you put in right? i just got mine looking to install it this weekend.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade1992 View Post
Hey guys, first time post here so just wanna help out anyone I can looking to get this done.

So I have a 2017 Jeep Renegade Altitude edition (basically a latitude just in all black)

I was nervous about parallel parking and leaving it in a major city I frequent a lot, so I looked into getting a bull bar. Since I do not go off-roading I did not need anything extreme or expensive, so Daystar seemed like the best choice.After scouring all the threads on this topic I compiled a list of what I went through.

I will preface that this took me 2 hours the instructions are complete garbage and mine were completely wrong.

So here are the pictures and what I did

Step 1: Throw out the directions and little 90 degree brackets, they are trash

Step 1.5: Use a flat head screwdriver to pry off the end caps on the front bumper

Step 2: Using a 15mm socket remove the 2 selected bolts from each side

Step 3: Using the supplied longer bolt, Use a washer and a spacer for the top bolt on the driver side, I had to use a gator grip since it was a 17 inch socket and I did not have a long attachment and the standard OEM bolt on the bottom.

Step 4: You will have to rotate the Bracket to go around the condenser line, but once you do, I used the OEM bolts to secure this bracket on.

Step 5: Measure the distance from the inside corned of the cap to the end of the bracket about 3 inches and use a dremel or soldering iron, cut a grove to just wedge the caps back on to make it look nice and shard. (This took 20 min, I started with the dremel but the soldering iron worked way better! It is a crisp tight fit and looks way better than the small covers Daystar supplied)

Step 6: Push the caps back on should be a bit of a tight fit, I had to wedge mine on

Step 7: Using the 3.8 inch bolts, washers and nuts, bolt the bar onto the bracket (mine did not come with enough so I had to run out and grab some. you should have 4 bolts, 8 washers, and 4 nuts with your package. they are hardened zinc coated hardware)

Step 8: Enjoy

Thanks for this!

I am actually looking to buy this bar.
I just can't figure out which exact one I need, I don't know whether I have ' the box' . I should have, since I have the cornering headlights. However, since I'm in Europe, things might be different.
Here's a photo of what it looks like when I remove the cover.
Maybe someone here can help me out?

here's a link to the photo when I remove the cover:
http://http://www.shivaschoonheid.nl/kapjeweg.jpeg

2015 Jeep Renegade 1.4Turbo - Orange
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 11:04 AM

First Name: Ed
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Garage
Good job, thanks for sharing.

Very Respectfully

Ed

Going fast is only half the fun... You get to build it first.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 08:37 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
your angry eyes looked so good i went and put a set on my 2017 trailhawk. does the job i wanted, looks "mean"
IDoMy0wnRacing likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page