Recall - software update - Page 10 - Jeep Renegade Forum
 23Likes

post #91 of 119 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 09:09 AM

First Name: Peter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Had my update performed yesterday. Apparently the release fixes 7 or 8 items & which ones (if any) are installed depends on the Vehicle build date.

In my case when questioned they only mentioned 2 'fixes': The tyre pressure display & something to do with the ABS.

All of the dealers do appear keen not to release full details of what's included & why.

Peter.....

Now a disgruntled Jeep owner
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 119 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 09:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
I went in for warranty service the other day on my 1.4 Turbo w/ 5.0 Uconnect. Also recvd updates, but I forgot my service papers at the counter, so I as well have no idea what was done. I did go for a ride w/ the tech for the squeaky control arm issue, and in discussing, He said they have updates for the radio, xm, power steering, boost dynamics, dash display etc.

Now I am far from 100% sure what was done, but after work was done, tech said they ran updates, and he also removed my top speed governor, b/c he knew I am into tweeking that stuff. Can I prove it? Well I have to take the car over 112 MPH I believe to find out, and I am not a loon, so this might never be proven. Prefer he would have turned off seat belt chime. Hate that **** thing. That will be done next time for the cost of a 12 pack of beer and a doob.

This being said I do notice small character changes to the steering, seems lighter now, and the Turbo has a stronger and smoother power delivery, especially in 2 thru 4th gear.

Radio's xm is still wonky, I can say it seems a little better, but still not 100% so next up is replacing the antenna.

2016 Jeep Renegade Latitude 4x4 ANVIL aka Jeepetto
post #93 of 119 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 01:24 PM

First Name: Paul
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Steering lighter? Sure they didn't just increase the tyre pressures?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 119 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 01:16 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonlimited View Post
Had my R74 recall software update yesterday. Ave Fuel consumption figure now changes whereas previously it showed 25 to the gallon all the time. Hadn't changed since delivery. Hoping I'll get higher mpg now!
So since the update the ave mpg figure is changing but still only around 26! This is really low when others are getting 30-40?! Thinking I need to raise it with the dealer
post #95 of 119 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 03:14 AM

First Name: Richard
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonlimited View Post
So since the update the ave mpg figure is changing but still only around 26! This is really low when others are getting 30-40?! Thinking I need to raise it with the dealer
Since I had the update my mpg is still averaging around the same at 48mpg.
post #96 of 119 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 03:33 AM

Our Trailhawk hasn't budged from 42.5 mpg.
post #97 of 119 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My TH haS become more irratic before steady around 37mpg since upgrade all over the place up to 39 lowest 30 average dropped to 35-36 mpg.
Terrible when cold and start/stop has a mind of its own... So so disappointing wishing never bought one!
post #98 of 119 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My dealer does a fabulous job of detailing the car but that's about it rush job each time it's been in and left it with the bonnet not closed properly no aftercare overall poor poor jeep experience!!!!!!!
post #99 of 119 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 01:58 PM

Sorry to hear that. Yes s/s can be annoying, I guess that's why it can be switched off. I do that if I'm in town. I've found the engine to be just great. The electronic handbrake is another matter. Hate it.
post #100 of 119 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Start stop is very advanced not like it used to be it does take into account that battery's voltage could be low and if you have the heater on it will wait until the temperature is reached before it activates so before you knock it (like I did) give it chance it should be fine ???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page