Do I Own The Most Unreliable Renegade In The UK - Page 3 - Jeep Renegade Forum
 3Likes

post #21 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 05:20 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyVee View Post
Ok , so just as a test , what happens if you park up , push the stop button to turn off the engine , take around 20-25 seconds ( takes me that long to gather all my stuff ) and then open the door to get out ?
.. into park, push engine button (engine stops), fart about a bit, pull handle, open door and get out. What happens when you do that then?

Trailhawk 2.0Ltr Diesel 170hp 4WD Auto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 07:42 PM

First Name: B
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunseeker View Post
Update, Renegade is now going. Just purchased a brand new Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.4TB MultiAir 150 Speciale in Misano Blue (Ignore the sticker price in the window, I didn't pay anything close to that) . Good by bye Jeep, thanks for nothing.

Attachment 2396338401
Your new car looks nice but would not even make it down my driveway without getting stuck, high centered and has no room for tools hay saddle, bridles ropes. Jeeps are a totally different animal from the Giulieta. Wish you the best with your new toy

B
post #23 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridders View Post
.. into park, push engine button (engine stops), fart about a bit, pull handle, open door and get out. What happens when you do that then?
On mine and every other one in the dealership both customers in for work , showroom models and new ones still in plastic you get a message in the screen between the speedo and rev counter saying steering lock is disabled and a big yellow key . According to Jeep this affects all of them and will be resolved by a firmware update due out any time now ( I must ring them and check as its now due ) . Slightly surprised if yours is not doing this as now seen it on ~ 20 so far .

Mine is a 17 plate , bought new in June 17 and is TH with all the toys ( cant stand blanks where buttons should be ) .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 06:33 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Nope just checked again to make sure I am not imagining it, the steering wheel locks as I open the door and I get this on the display

Mine is a 2016 so it must be some new code/hardware they implemented badly.

I also have these.. :-)

Trailhawk 2.0Ltr Diesel 170hp 4WD Auto
post #25 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 07:48 AM

First Name: ray
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Arrow

Quote:
Is the fart mandatory? Glad I don't have the engine button.
post #26 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 01:05 PM
Nev

First Name: Nev
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
I'm glad I don't have the lady gearbox.

2.0 MJet Dirty DERV 140BHP AWD
75th Anniversary Alpine White
post #27 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 07:51 PM

First Name: B
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Quote:
Nope just checked again to make sure I am not imagining it, the steering wheel locks as I open the door and I get this on the display

Mine is a 2016 so it must be some new code/hardware they implemented badly.

I also have these.. :-)

My 2.4 gasser has almost the same dash but the buttons above the auto ac heat controls are different. I have the seat heat buttons and steering wheel flashers ones but the rest have no labels. Gotta go see if they do anything when i press them

B
post #28 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 01:02 PM

Thanks for checking , I still haven't checked in with Jeep yet but when I call next week will let them know that 16 reg versions don't appear to have the issue as they seemed to suggest it was across the board .
Yeah your centre stack is identical to mine except I always have the lane guidance turned off ( light on ) as its a pain in the a$$ .
What's that you got going on below the vent controls to the left of the 4wd selector ?
post #29 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyVee View Post
Thanks for checking , I still haven't checked in with Jeep yet but when I call next week will let them know that 16 reg versions don't appear to have the issue as they seemed to suggest it was across the board .
Yeah your centre stack is identical to mine except I always have the lane guidance turned off ( light on ) as its a pain in the a$$ .
What's that you got going on below the vent controls to the left of the 4wd selector ?
I took too long to edit so full reply below

Now all the other issues are sorted I mostly like it again apart from the fuel economy - lifetime mpg on car is 33.2 with ~ 6k on the clock , my old Alfa QVL got 38.6 and my foot was mostly embedded in the carpet where with this I drive a lot less aggressively .

Your comment to Sunseeker made me LOL , I had a 16 plate Giulietta 170 QVL last year but after taking to Devon - Clovelly area - for a week and nearly ripping its underneath of on the " roads " down there I chopped it in for this TH within a month of coming back ( we're back down there again in a while ) .

@ Bfloyd , buttons are auto parking , parking sensors and lane guidance " assist " - meant to help keep you in lane , as well as the heated seats and steering wheel .
post #30 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 03:29 AM

So I nearly fell off my chair earlier this week as Jeep called and the update is now ready and car is booked in next week to have it applied . My car is first to have it done so not sure how long it will take as dealer is not sure how many modules will get updated but I will update with results and if it finally fixes this last issue seeing as I have had the TH for a year now and issue reported within first few weeks of owning .

@Nev - don't knock the lady gearbox its proved very useful off road and is only option on a TH anyhow

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page