Trailhawk Front Bumper on other models? - Jeep Renegade Forum
 4Likes

post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Trailhawk Front Bumper on other models?

I wonder if Jeep will allow you to order the Trailhawk bumper for the other models? It looks far better than the one fitted to the Sport/Latitude/Limited which looks a little too vertical and long.

I'm looking at a Renegade but am only interested in a manual model which limits me to the Sport/Latitude in the USA and I'm starting to think that bumper may be a deal breaker if I am unable to get the trailhawk type. So, do you think it will be offered either by Jeep or as an option from the dealer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1050 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by belgian View Post
I wonder if Jeep will allow you to order the Trailhawk bumper for the other models? It looks far better than the one fitted to the Sport/Latitude/Limited which looks a little too vertical and long.

I'm looking at a Renegade but am only interested in a manual model which limits me to the Sport/Latitude in the USA and I'm starting to think that bumper may be a deal breaker if I am unable to get the trailhawk type. So, do you think it will be offered either by Jeep or as an option from the dealer?
Nope.
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
U could always order one from the parts department at the dealership n put on urself. No idea if the bumber will fit other models or not
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 02:48 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jckevns View Post
U could always order one from the parts department at the dealership n put on urself. No idea if the bumber will fit other models or not
it should, mounting for it shouldn't be any different, this is almost always the case with a lot of vehicles.

post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 07:28 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
But the trailhawk has another inch of clearance. Won't that mess up the bumper clearance you'd be trying to achieve on a lower trim model?

Current vehicle: 2003 Jeep Liberty - 200K with a goal of 300K.
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jckevns View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony View Post
it should, mounting for it shouldn't be any different, this is almost always the case with a lot of vehicles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NERenegade View Post
But the trailhawk has another inch of clearance. Won't that mess up the bumper clearance you'd be trying to achieve on a lower trim model?
I also think the Trailhawk bumper will be able to be installed on a different trim level Renegade. Even with slightly taller ground clearance of the Trailhawk, all Renegades have to meet federal safety regulations. Mounting location should be the same. Bolts or brackets may be slightly different, but the mounting location on the chassis will be the same. If you show enough interest and get to know your dealer before you buy one, you can probably work out some sort of deal. The dealer may even like the "look" enough to offer their own "Special Edition" of the Renegade. Never hurts to try....
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1050 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeWest View Post
I also think the Trailhawk bumper will be able to be installed on a different trim level Renegade. Even with slightly taller ground clearance of the Trailhawk, all Renegades have to meet federal safety regulations. Mounting location should be the same. Bolts or brackets may be slightly different, but the mounting location on the chassis will be the same. If you show enough interest and get to know your dealer before you buy one, you can probably work out some sort of deal. The dealer may even like the "look" enough to offer their own "Special Edition" of the Renegade. Never hurts to try....

If you can, I think it will depend on options at best. I suspect the crash avoidance stuff is not compatible with the trailhawk front end and rear end and thus why it is not available as an option for it. No place to mount the sensors.

The other thing I would be concerned about is it mating up with the wheel well liners, which are part of the sound dampening strategy. It might have adverse effects on cabin noise and keeping things dry.
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 09:06 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz-0 View Post
If you can, I think it will depend on options at best. I suspect the crash avoidance stuff is not compatible with the trailhawk front end and rear end and thus why it is not available as an option for it. No place to mount the sensors.

The other thing I would be concerned about is it mating up with the wheel well liners, which are part of the sound dampening strategy. It might have adverse effects on cabin noise and keeping things dry.
I looked at several pictures of the Latitude and Trailhawk front bumpers on the Jeep web site as well as other web sites. On the right side (US version passenger side) of both bumpers, there is a round cap or plug or something. That could be a sensor behind it. Both bumpers meet the wheel well the same. They also meet the valence between the bumper and grill the same and the openings for air flow at the top of both bumpers are the same. Sensors may be located in that area. The lower part of the bumper on the Latitude looks somewhat like a lip. Itís not smooth to go over rocks and brush the the Trailhawk bumper.
I think the reason for the Trailhawk not having the crash avoidance is because they (FCA) has not perfected it for off road vehicles. When air bags first came out on pickups, off road pickups did not offer air bags because the system had not yet been perfected for off road use. Of course now a day, they all have air bags. I think itís the same for the crash avoidance systems.
After the Renegade hits the show room floors in the US and the parts departments and service departments are able to get a better handle on actually knowing what, where, and why of the bumpers and crash avoidance system, then weíll know if it can be done. I would be surprised if the inner wheel well liner was different between the trim levels. They need to keep as many common parts between trim levels as possible to help keep production costs down.
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeWest
I think the reason for the Trailhawk not having the crash avoidance is because they (FCA) has not perfected it for off road vehicles. When air bags first came out on pickups, off road pickups did not offer air bags because the system had not yet been perfected for off road use. Of course now a day, they all have air bags. I think itís the same for the crash avoidance systems.But the trailhawk has another inch of clearance. Won't that mess up the bumper clearance you'd be trying to achieve on a lower trim model?
Great insight RenegadeWest, thanks.
Following my own personal rule, to never buy a first year vehicle, I'm hoping that by the 2016 model year they will have the crash avoidance available for my Trialhawk.

If my car does not last that long, then I will have to modify my first year rule. Since they are releasing to Europe first, maybe some of the first year bugs will be worked out by the time they get to the U.S.
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014, 12:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Mostly i'm nervous about the transmission in the Renegade. There have been problems with it and I hear a lot of work is going into the development, which is good, but also means that it's not perfect yet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page