Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1.4T intake en route

4K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Shadowshaggy 
#1 ·
As discussed a while back, I have been working with Eurocompulsion to get an intake sorted out for the 1.4T engine.

It's supposed to ship out to me on Friday and I should have it early next week. I'll post up some pics as well as install pics, etc.

I'll be chatting with the forum admins over the weekend and getting that end of things lined out before pricing and such is announced.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Should have a group buy price sometime next week & color options. All units *should* ship by the end of August, as this is a small production run for a small market. As far as I know, orange, black, red, and possibly blue will be available. After the test piece is ok'd, I will get the remainder of the details to everyone.

After admins approve it and I receive the info, all that will be posted in a new thread.

#4 ·
Follow the painfully obvious directions and you will not, guaranteed [emoji6]

I've worked with these guys a lot and EC is a very reputable company. I'll be beating the hell out of the Rene for a few weeks off road and it doesn't get approved until it gets my seal of approval.

#6 ·
I'm in as long as i won't get the P1cea code[emoji16] [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Follow the painfully obvious directions and you will not, guaranteed [emoji6]

I've worked with these guys a lot and EC is a very reputable company. I'll be beating the hell out of the Rene for a few weeks off road and it doesn't get approved until it gets my seal of approval.

Hmmm, what happens if it sucks in mud/tiny rocks, and jacks up your engine? Is the intake company going to take of your engine replacement service bill?

#7 ·
Hmmm, what happens if it sucks in mud/tiny rocks, and jacks up your engine? Is the intake company going to take of your engine replacement service bill?
If you suck mud and rocks through the same path the factory air inlet follows and through a carbon fiber filter....you deserve to pay for your own engine.

Seriously, this isn't some half hearted attempt and this company has been making intakes for years, let's just say they probably know a thing or two.

#11 ·
Apart from a seat of the pants evaluation, and regardless of how well calibrated one's pants seat is, will you be able to provide any empirical data on performance with the new intake? In asking this, I don't in any way intend to question your work or credentials. I'm all for bolt-on performance improvements but I'd like to see some data. Thanks for your assistance.

#12 ·
That's a well phrased question and it's appreciated.

Eurocompulsion is in process of getting an AWD dyno installed and I had planned on the Renegade and Abarth both going....but I moved before that was up and running. If we have a forum members with a 1.4T that plans on getting and intake or is willing to let EC borrow it for a day, then yes would be happy to provide a baseline dyno and an intake installed dyno.

I'd go myself....but Vegas to Tulsa isn't exactly a weekend trip lol.

We generally use Auterra which is a OBD-II based road dyno, when compared to a traditional dyno it's within a very small margin of error of 1-2%. I will be able to get some Auterra numbers of before and after without issue. I'll post screenshots rather than just numbers so you can see them for yourselves. There won't be a bench flow chart or any of the fancy things like that, but you'll get the idea with an Auterra chart.

#14 ·
Intake will be installed and pics up later in the week. Just moved to Vegas from Memphis.....what a weekend [emoji58]

Anyhow, the prototype is in red. The mold maker apparently didn't feel like making a tiny batch of orange lol, so yeah that.

End of the week expectations:

Pics
Pricing
ETA
Group Buy posting - with the understanding that it'll be 2-3 weeks after GB closes before delivery. Eurocompulsion will be handling all financial and shipping information and instructions will be in the GB.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.