Hello folks, new Trailhawk owner - Jeep Renegade Forum
 7Likes

post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hello folks, new Trailhawk owner

Hello! My wife and I just purchased a 2019 Trailhawk after much test driving and comparison shopping. So far, it's a great fit for us. We're taking it offroad this weekend to see how well that works for us, expect to need a bath for it when we get back. Lots of dust right now.
slinghigh and bfletch1310 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 12:41 PM

First Name: Mrsig
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
and enjoy the forum!

Me 07 JKUSR, CEO of Black Sheep 4x4s org
White Jeep Club Member # 137
To see my mods or Jeep in action go to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wife
2017 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk 4x4 2.4L, 9 speed Auto.
White Jeep Club Member # BU01

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

So, is there a minimum post count for the search function to operate, or am I missing it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 05:30 AM
Vendor

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Congrats on the purchase, I hope you enjoy it. Make sure to share some pictures with us when you can.

Jeep Renegade
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Will do once we get it cleaned off again. Already dirty. Probably going to order some accessories from you guys soon.
slinghigh likes this.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 09:12 PM

First Name: Les
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Hello from The Central coast of California and welcome to the group!!

CEO at RETIRED
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 08:37 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller128 View Post
Hello! My wife and I just purchased a 2019 Trailhawk after much test driving and comparison shopping. So far, it's a great fit for us. We're taking it offroad this weekend to see how well that works for us, expect to need a bath for it when we get back. Lots of dust right now.
I got the 17 TH....boy are you going to be surprised what it can do.....out at el mirage rec park some of the wranglers were giving us thumbs up at some of the rocks and hills we were going through....and when I question it's capability guess who wanted me to go for it....yes...my other half....and she was right....but you driving skills help but this little jeep is awesome and very forgiving.....and the sand mode is fun on dirt roads and river beds.....and the rock mode for crawling is unstoppable....sometimes you have to back up and find another line but never have turned around...we love it....have a blast...go where no man has been before....well except other renegades and wranglers....lol...enjoy
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

We've watched a ton of youtube videos, so I've seen enough to know that I don't want to beat on it as much as some people do, but I'm not concerned about getting stuck where we go!

Daystar 1.5" lift on the way, and probably swapping to a BFG KO2 in 225/65R17. Then it will be little personalization mods mostly, maybe a factory hitch next year for hauling a 2 place dirt bike trailer. Not planning on going too crazy.
dgr401 and slinghigh like this.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Took it offroad today, dirt roads and some rougher roads and washed out spots up near Prairie Idaho. We're both REALLY impressed with how well it rides on dirt roads, gravel, loose stuff on hills and washboard. Also, the little 1.3 has zero problems climbing, and just isn't a busy motor at all going up hills. It just doesn't feel like it's working very hard at all, and is hard to hear running. Did try manual mode and low gears on some of the 8%+ grades and found out something that I didn't read about in the owners manual. With no cruise control on, rolling down a hill in 2nd gear around 30-35MPH using the engine to hold the car, between 3500-4000 RPM it feels like it engages the brake on it's own around 4K RPM and starts to pull the speed down to hold the car back. It will slow down to 30 or so on a steep grade and hold itself there with no throttle or brake input. Wasn't expecting that. Nothing to indicate any kind of activation is going on, it just stops the car from accelerating down hill. I don't think there's anything in the engine controls that will do that, and it feels like a small bit of brake activation going on by itself. Did have 4WD lock on since we were on dirt with loose gravel on it and it feels more confident with the 4WD engaged (still AUTO mode on the selector). Did play with rock mode and low gear over some washed out areas with big lips and exposed larger rocks. No issues whatsoever.

For our offroad excurion, it still averaged about 26MPG the whole time including up and down hills. Was back up to 28 by the time we got back to town. We seem to be getting close to 30MPG on the highway at 65 MPH, but it's down to 26.5 average commuting with a mix of 75MPH freeway and city driving. If it will continue to get 25-26MPG offroad, we'll be happy as heck.
dgr401 likes this.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 10:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congratulations on the new addition. Welcome to the forums!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page