Just picked up a 2019 Limited, new Firefly engine - Jeep Renegade Forum
 2Likes

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just picked up a 2019 Limited, new Firefly engine

The wife and I just bought a new Jetset Blueover gray Renegade Limited, always wanted a Jeep and we're really impressed with it compared to our old Kia Soul. I want to say hi and post a few pics, its our first new car and I already have a few mods I'd like to cover - mudflaps, ~1/2" fender flare lips, front/rear tow hooks, rear hitch, maybe a few skidplates, and a UConnect 7 when I find one for a good price. I'm also interested in if its possible to install a Trailhawk 4WD switch and code it in (since its all software, right?).

mnmjackson likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 01:14 PM

First Name: Colin
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Nice, got the FWD Limited but no fancy cup holders in the rear on mine,now im jealous,enjoy.

Limited FWD DDCT, Carbon.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 04:17 PM

First Name: Dennis
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Garage
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. I noticed in your photos that the roof rails are now black instead of silver as on previous Limited models. The new motor looks tiny. Enjoy your new Renegade.

2015 Renegade Latitude - Sierra Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

I've been noticing a lot of little differences between our 2019 and pretty much all of the literature and parts out there for these cars, I'm not even sure if stupid things like cargo liners are the same so I'm holding off on buying pretty much everything until more research, I imagine the OEM-knockoff mudflaps would work though.

Matching the interior vent/console/speaker rings is sweet, I like the black rails since they tone down the bling a bit, and I'm totally obsessed with the wheels. My only complaint as far as trim is that it looks like the rearview mirrors were supposed to be color-matched to the grill, wing grills, and taillight inserts but aren't. I'll probably color-match those eventually, isn't that weird that they're like half-done? Otherwise you can tell FCA put a lot of thought into this vehicle and I really like the finish and detailing, the JP and he Sasquatch are hilarious. Once I get a few hours this week I'm going to give the whole thing a once-over and start to figure some stuff out.

Couple questions, I probably missed these going over the stickys:

1 - is there a source for factory service manuals and other nitty-gritty info for our cars? Wondering about Firefly tuning, if any tunes affect the trans/4WD operation, etc., but I also know the engine is new and there seems to be very little info right now

2 - what's the best place to get info about our CAN-Bus systems, software vs. hardware, and other things that might help with figuring out, say, if a Trailhawk 4WD switch can be installed and coded to work in any 4x4 Renegade?

3 - are there 2-3 things that any new Renegade owner really should do to balance out, improve, or finish the car so its like it "should have been" when new? Like, a trans cooler for instance?

Thanks!

Last edited by l88m22vette; 06-16-2019 at 05:57 PM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
2) The trailhawk crawl ratio is not just software. Different final drive ratios on the trailhawk to use first gears lower gearing to replicate a low 4wd setting. Trailhawks usually start in 2nd gear for normal driving.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Good info, thanks!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 04:17 AM

First Name: Mrsig
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
and enjoy the forum!

Me 07 JKUSR, CEO of Black Sheep 4x4s org
White Jeep Club Member # 137
To see my mods or Jeep in action go to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wife
2017 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk 4x4 2.4L, 9 speed Auto.
White Jeep Club Member # BU01

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Nice looking car! I'm a little biased, we have a Trailhawk in the same color with the same engine. The Trailhawk has a completely different trans code, lower 1st gear for 21:1 crawl ratio, 4.58 final drive this year vs. 4.33 last year, it's not just software. The regular 9 spd has a 3.73 final drive. It also comes with a fuel mileage penalty due to that setup. 22 city/27 hwy vs 23/29. Ours is averaging right around 26 in mixed driving and off road 1 day on the weekend so far. If we drive it 65-70 on the freeway, it will return around 30, but with city driving and 80MPH freeway plus hills, it bumps down the average a bit. It will definitely hit the high side of the EPA numbers rather than the low side even without being broken in yet, so we're happy with it as a commuter and weekend exploration car.

Really liking the 1.3 so far. It has plenty of power and does great offroad up in the mountains. Doesn't seem to give up any real power at 8000 ft where we were this weekend unlike the normally aspirated engines.

The regular Jeep cargo liner fits just fine, we ordered one right away and it came last Monday. The factory accessory "slush" mats will fit with one slight variation, and that's the passenger side does not have the attachment lugs in the carpet to hook the RF mat to.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1042 Post(s)
Be careful on the tow hooks. The trailhawk bumpers are steel and the hooks are attached to the body robustly. The other models have an aluminum bumper and the tow hook threads are attached to the bumper. More than one person has learned that by ripping off the aluminum bumper when trying to recover the vehicle. They are meant for getting it up a flatbed and that's about it.
dgr401 likes this.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 07:07 PM

First Name: Les
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
As a new and first owner you call them and request ALL the manuals and they will send them to you free. (unless they changed in the last year) I've done this my last 3 Rams and this Jeep.

CEO at RETIRED

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page