Former New owner of a 2017 hyper green lattitude (Wrecked before I even named it). - Jeep Renegade Forum
 7Likes

post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Former New owner of a 2017 hyper green lattitude (Wrecked before I even named it).

Actually meant to sign up here a few days ago but got side tracked, now I'm making my first post on a very disappointing note.

In the Detroit area, traded in my 2016 Focus for the Renegade 4x4 Lattitude after seeing how poorly the Focus was in the snow a few weeks back I knew I wanted a 4x4 and the Renegade checked off everything I was looking for so I pulled the trigger on one.

Picked it up December 26th, 2017 and put 500 miles on it til it got wrecked this morning, I miss it dearly already. Once everything is settled with Insurance I will definitely be buying another new one.

Leaving work for the night (12:30 am est) heading home, going through an intersection (my light was green) when somebody wasn't paying attention and blew through a red at 45 mph and drilled me in the drivers side and sent me on my roof. Cops showed up quickly, had to cut off my belts as they would release and walked out of the Renegade with nothing more than some minor cuts on my hand and knee from crawling out of it. No other injuries than the cuts. I give it 6 out of 5 stars on safety and will definitely buy another as soon as I'm able.

I just don't understand how the driver that hit me couldn't see a blindingly green renegade lol.

RIP buddy,
12/26/17-1/2/18
536 Miles on the odo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	200.4 KB
ID:	2396336209   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep 2.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	2396336217   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep 4.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	319.5 KB
ID:	2396336225   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep 3.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	218.1 KB
ID:	2396336233   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep 7.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	2396336241  

Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep 6.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	2396336249   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep 5.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	279.9 KB
ID:	2396336257  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 02:20 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Garage
Wow. That is extremely sad! I hope you can find another hypergreen to replace it! I was in a similar accident that totaled a car I loved. People just don't pay attention. It's incredible that it happened even to your crazy bright Jeep.

Jungle Green 75th Anniversary 1.4T
Madness GoPedal-Madness ECM
GFB DV+-1"wheel spacers
Mopar tow hitch bumper w/tow hook
that's all for now...
1963 VW Bug Black Sedan 1914cc
1998 TJ 4.0 Sport Moss Green
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 03:20 PM
Nev

First Name: Nev
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Man that is a **** way to end/start the year.
Shocking driving from the accident instigator.

At least the modern design of the Renegade and all its airbaggery
meant you could walk away.

Good luck in your search for a replacement.

2.0 MJet Dirty DERV 140BHP AWD
75th Anniversary Alpine White
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 04:36 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Wow, that sucks but given how well it turned out injury wise it is a positive story in the end. Makes me feel even better about the safety of this new purchase of mine as well. Welcome.
Newadventurer likes this.

2018 Trailhawk
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 05:49 PM

First Name: Mike
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Glad that you are okay. Renegade did its job protecting you. I hope you're behind the wheel of another soon.

MikeP
2017 Jetset Blue Renegade Sport 4X4
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 08:40 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Hate to say this but your in a position to get something different that will not have as many issues as the Renegade seems to do.. Look into a Subaru Crosstek or maybe a HR-V AWD.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 08:59 PM

First Name: Richard
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Glad you walked away from this. Could have been much worse. The Renny can be replaced as by the sounds of it you will. Good choice. No vehicle is perfect trust me I traded in a 2015 Canyon for it.. moved on and happy with the Renny. It could be totally smashed as long as it protected me. Btw what was the other vehicle?
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 10:33 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Garage
Vehicles can be replaced. Glad it protected you. You'll have another one in no time. Post pics of your new Rene when you get it!

----
2016 Trailhawk JetSet Blue
Leather Package
Tow Package
UConnect 6.5, Nav, Beats, Rear Cam, Blind Spot Monitoring, Hand Free, Remote Start
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newadventurer View Post
Wow. That is extremely sad! I hope you can find another hypergreen to replace it! I was in a similar accident that totaled a car I loved. People just don't pay attention. It's incredible that it happened even to your crazy bright Jeep.
I'm going to do my best to find a reasonably priced Hypergreen near by once everything is settled with insurance. I just hope theres some good rebates when I'm ready to buy because I got a great deal on this one. Sticker was 27,900 and between factory $4,500 rebate and a dealer rebate of another 4K I got this one for 19K and change and was thrilled with the purchase price. Just hope there's still some good prices and a Hypergreen out there when I start looking again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev View Post
Man that is a **** way to end/start the year.
Shocking driving from the accident instigator.

At least the modern design of the Renegade and all its airbaggery
meant you could walk away.

Good luck in your search for a replacement.
Yeah not quite the start to the year I was looking for but it can only go uphill from here right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeDude View Post
Wow, that sucks but given how well it turned out injury wise it is a positive story in the end. Makes me feel even better about the safety of this new purchase of mine as well. Welcome.
Thanks for the welcome, hopefully you'll never have to rely on the safety of your renegade but if you do it will definitely stand up for ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by priell3 View Post
Glad that you are okay. Renegade did its job protecting you. I hope you're behind the wheel of another soon.
Not sure how long its going to take AAA to do their things but hopefully it isn't long and I can be behind the wheel of another Renny by the end of the month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH4x4 View Post
Hate to say this but your in a position to get something different that will not have as many issues as the Renegade seems to do.. Look into a Subaru Crosstek or maybe a HR-V AWD.
I've heard and read a lot about the Renny and it's many issues but at the same time I have a family member who owns a '16 Sport and has had zero issues with it in his 20K miles and a cross country road trip from Michigan to Arizona so that gives me a little faith in it's reliability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepTo View Post
Glad you walked away from this. Could have been much worse. The Renny can be replaced as by the sounds of it you will. Good choice. No vehicle is perfect trust me I traded in a 2015 Canyon for it.. moved on and happy with the Renny. It could be totally smashed as long as it protected me. Btw what was the other vehicle?
The other vehicle that nailed me was a Honda Odyssey, either a '13 or a '14 I'd have to look at the report.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 04:00 AM

First Name: Mrsig
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
and enjoy the forum! I hope you find one just the way you like it. Best part is that you are not hurt.
priell3 likes this.

Me 07 JKUSR, CEO of Black Sheep 4x4s org
White Jeep Club Member # 137
To see my mods or Jeep in action go to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wife
2017 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk 4x4 2.4L, 9 speed Auto.
White Jeep Club Member # BU01

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page