Renegade madness - Jeep Renegade Forum
 116Likes

post #1 of 153 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
vBToucan.com Vendor

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Renegade madness

It looks like we were finally able to place our order for the new Jeep Renegade the way we wanted to. After being told by a number of dealers that it wasn't available or local dealerships not showing interest in wanting to order us a car, one was finally able to take care of our needs. Whether or not the order will be confirmed by Jeep, we’ll know in the next few days.

As of now, we've placed an order for the Renegade in Sierra Blue with the 1.4L Turbo engine (This is the same engine as the FIAT 500 ABARTH that we sell many accessories & performance parts for). We also ordered it with the manual gearbox and all wheel drive. Our goal is to take this little guy & turn it into a fun, fast, great handling compact crossover.

By choosing the 1.4L Turbo engine we know that we are able to tune that engine and we are well aware of its capabilities as we've worked on them since 2012. There are a number of bolt-on goodies we have available and additional parts that we will quickly develop. We have piggyback engine boxes & direct flashing systems for the car so we know with our experience we can easily get the engine to over 210 horses and do it reliably. That in an all-wheel drive package, manual gear box, lowered with modified suspension, & a nice set of wide wheels on sticky tires with an exhaust should make this box a ton of fun.

What we are being told is that it will take approximately three months for our CUV to arrive, meanwhile we are working on a number of other parts & will be introducing them to you guys through our online store, this forum, and other outlets as they become available. Stay tuned and look forward to documenting our fun build.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 153 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 03:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNESSAutoworks View Post

It looks like we were finally able to place our order for the new Jeep Renegade the way we wanted to. After being told by a number of dealers that it wasn't available or local dealerships not showing interest in wanting to order us a car, one was finally able to take care of our needs. Whether or not the order will be confirmed by Jeep, well know in the next few days.

As of now, we've placed an order for the Renegade in Sierra Blue with the 1.4L Turbo engine (This is the same engine as the FIAT 500 ABARTH that we sell many accessories & performance parts for). We also ordered it with the manual gearbox and all wheel drive. Our goal is to take this little guy & turn it into a fun, fast, great handling compact crossover.

By choosing the 1.4L Turbo engine we know that we are able to tune that engine and we are well aware of its capabilities as we've worked on them since 2012. There are a number of bolt-on goodies we have available and additional parts that we will quickly develop. We have piggyback engine boxes & direct flashing systems for the car so we know with our experience we can easily get the engine to over 210 horses and do it reliably. That in an all-wheel drive package, manual gear box, lowered with modified suspension, & a nice set of wide wheels on sticky tires with an exhaust should make this box a ton of fun.

What we are being told is that it will take approximately three months for our CUV to arrive, meanwhile we are working on a number of other parts & will be introducing them to you guys through our online store, this forum, and other outlets as they become available. Stay tuned and look forward to documenting our fun build.
Are you guys going to do anything for the Trailhawk?
post #3 of 153 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 04:40 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
This sounds great. I think a Renegade 4x4 with the 1.4L/6-speed manual is the closest thing in stock form you can get to a rally car.

I plan to order something very similar. I don't plan to lower mine at all. In fact I will probably replace the stock tires with something a bit more rugged like a nice AT tire.

However, I'd love to add an aftermarket exhaust. In the Abarth the exhaust note from this engine sounds awesome. I'd love if there was some aftermarket way for it to sound like that in the Renegade.
MADNESS Autoworks likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 153 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 06:38 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNESSAutoworks View Post
That in an all-wheel drive package, manual gear box, lowered with modified suspension, & a nice set of wide wheels on sticky tires with an exhaust should make this box a ton of fun.
That sounds good and gives you some good business potential. I'm sure you will find a market for tuners who want a rally car.

Just to put it in perspective, being a member of the forum for over a year and having read every post, I think I recall 3 or 4 people discussing the possibility of a "hot hatch".

In that same time, only 1 or 2 people have asked about lowering.

Many of us are clamoring for offroad accessories including lift kits, wheels, wheel spacers, tires, rock rails, brush guards, bull bars, winch mounts, etc. etc.

But, I understand after looking at your website your specialty is tuning and customization so I understand your business decision.
post #5 of 153 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 06:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5273 View Post
However, I'd love to add an aftermarket exhaust. In the Abarth the exhaust note from this engine sounds awesome. I'd love if there was some aftermarket way for it to sound like that in the Renegade.
You're in luck

If you simply have a muffler shop remove both the resonator and the muffler it will sound EXACTLY like an Abarth (The Abarth is just straight pipe after the catalyst, no resonator or muffler at all). You should even get the same exhaust "pops" the Abarth guys love so much . It will be fairly loud and drone a bit, like the Abarth, but not crazy loud. The turbo absorbs most of the noise

Here's a Dart that did it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pab1RnR7ra4

Make sure they take off the resonator too or it will sound different. Once you do it please post a video.

Last edited by JayhawkOne; 05-08-2015 at 06:46 PM.
post #6 of 153 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 07:47 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Jones View Post
Are you guys going to do anything for the Trailhawk?
Doesn't look like it. And since they are road/performance focused company, I doubt they will. Now it's up to Rocky Road to provide the off-pavement goodies I guess.
post #7 of 153 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 07:49 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkOne View Post
Here's a Dart that did it: [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pab1RnR7ra4
Unless you are 16, that noise will get old very fast.
post #8 of 153 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015, 12:23 AM

Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
Doesn't look like it. And since they are road/performance focused company, I doubt they will. Now it's up to Rocky Road to provide the off-pavement goodies I guess.
I know of another company also that is strictly off road that will be working on stuff for the Renegade but I have been asked to keep silent for now.
post #9 of 153 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015, 02:15 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
I've been talking with Rocky Road. They'll be using my Trailhawk for a spell starting in the next few weeks or so to make rock sliders, roof rack/roof rails, possible lift kit, and bumper winch mount. All depends on what they encounter with suspension and fascia.

Last edited by evrafter; 05-09-2015 at 02:18 AM.
post #10 of 153 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015, 11:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkOne View Post
Here's a Dart that did it: [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pab1RnR7ra4
Unless you are 16, that noise will get old very fast.
No, no it won't. Have you ever driven an Abarth?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page