Jeep Renegade AutoFlash by MADNESS - Page 2 - Jeep Renegade Forum
 11Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-31-2016, 11:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNESS Autoworks View Post
I suggest trying the GOPedal first to see if it does what you want it to do, which is decrease the lag time it takes to downshift. The reason I suggest the GOPedal is because it comes with a 30 day money back guarantee in case you are not happy with it.

Keep in mind though that the AutoFlash and the GOPedal go hand in hand. The GOPedal improves your throttle response, and the AutoFlash updates the maps of the TCU to allow the gearbox to improve shift times and bypass the torque limiter.

Hope this helps!

Next time you do an install of the GOPedal for the Renegade, please video it and post it to Youtube.
SS Renny likes this.

2015 Alpine White Renegade Trailhawk w/ MySky
rhicks is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 64 (permalink) Old 08-01-2016, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
vBToucan.com Vendor
 
MADNESS Autoworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Signal Hill, CA
Posts: 737
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhicks View Post
Next time you do an install of the GOPedal for the Renegade, please video it and post it to Youtube.
We will definitely keep that in mind!

Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for a large selection of Jeep Renegade Parts and Accessories in stock at the lowest prices.

We service, customize and modify!
Give us a call (Toll Free) 888-993-7552 or 562-981-6800.
Email us: To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" target="_blank">[email protected]
MADNESS Autoworks is offline  
post #13 of 64 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
vBToucan.com Vendor
 
MADNESS Autoworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Signal Hill, CA
Posts: 737
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Want to learn more about the AutoFlash? Watch this video as we talk about the AutoFlash in detail!


Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for a large selection of Jeep Renegade Parts and Accessories in stock at the lowest prices.

We service, customize and modify!
Give us a call (Toll Free) 888-993-7552 or 562-981-6800.
Email us: To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" target="_blank">[email protected]
MADNESS Autoworks is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 03:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Interested in this mod. Just want to know how it affects shift speed, shift firmness, shift points, etc. I understand it overrides the torque limiter in low gears but overall how does it work in areas outside of highway passing and initial acceleration?
Rich Richard is offline  
post #15 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 09:24 PM
Senior Member
 
elf883's Avatar
 
First Name: Steve
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: new york
Posts: 1,189
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Garage
yeah just be aware as they said - it does marry to your vehicle like any other tuner even motorcycle tuners are like this

my harleys dynojet power vision - does this , it cost alot of cash , but u can purchase more licenses to unlock it for other bikes if sold to some1 or u change bikes

does this autoflash also have this ability ? can u purchase more licenses or serials to use with other jeeps if needed ever ?

or is it one time deal marry and die together lol

just curious


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
elf883 is offline  
post #16 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
vBToucan.com Vendor
 
MADNESS Autoworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Signal Hill, CA
Posts: 737
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elf883 View Post
yeah just be aware as they said - it does marry to your vehicle like any other tuner even motorcycle tuners are like this

my harleys dynojet power vision - does this , it cost alot of cash , but u can purchase more licenses to unlock it for other bikes if sold to some1 or u change bikes

does this autoflash also have this ability ? can u purchase more licenses or serials to use with other jeeps if needed ever ?

or is it one time deal marry and die together lol

just curious
The AutoFlash can only be married to one vehicle.

Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for a large selection of Jeep Renegade Parts and Accessories in stock at the lowest prices.

We service, customize and modify!
Give us a call (Toll Free) 888-993-7552 or 562-981-6800.
Email us: To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" target="_blank">[email protected]
MADNESS Autoworks is offline  
post #17 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 03:52 PM
Senior Member
 
tazzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Coloarado
Posts: 520
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
I cant justify purchasing something for that amount and not being able to get my money back if I am not happy with the product, does not do as advertised or will not or can not flash to my Renegade. This is bad business.
tazzel is offline  
post #18 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
vBToucan.com Vendor
 
MADNESS Autoworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Signal Hill, CA
Posts: 737
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzel View Post
I cant justify purchasing something for that amount and not being able to get my money back if I am not happy with the product, does not do as advertised or will not or can not flash to my Renegade. This is bad business.
1. Our goal is to always go above and beyond to make sure our customers are happy. Because of that we offer a money back guarantee on a number of performance parts like our MADNESS GOPedal, or MADNESS MAXPower ECM and a number of other items.

2. The TCM Module is one exception. Because of how the mapping works and how the product works it is designed to marry with the VIN of the vehicle. There is no other way around that. The flasher has a built in MAP that can be used by the owner as many times as he/ she wishes. If the dealer reflashes their TCM during a regular service update the owner can simply plug his flasher back in and upload the map again. The advantage of this is the updates can be done as many times as possible in seconds (as long as it is the same vehicle).

However, to prevent one person buying the module and then flashing 5,10,20 or more Jeeps with the same module the manufacturer designs it to marry with one vehicle. This protects the manufacturer from having their work stolen and used without permission on an unlimited number of vehicles.

This is not our design, but the design of the manufacturer. We simply assist with development of the product (maps) and do not have control over how some of the features are designed. Frankly if it was our call we would do the same thing as they have and have it marry to the vehicle since a map could be easily copied and then used without permission. We do not copy other companies maps and would not want it done to us either. That is a dishonest way of doing business. It is no different than selling pirated DVDs or stolen merchandise.

Now days companies have to take steps to protect their intellectual properties otherwise they will not be in business too long.

We have personally have a number of products we designed and manufactured get copied by companies in China and sold online for a fraction of what it would actually cost us to manufacture them. Since it is out of China there is nothing we can do.

This particular item (AutoFlash) features software that took years to develop and a substantial amount of money. It is protected by the provider.

To make sure our customers are happy we go above and beyond to make sure we inform everyone before they buy this particular product of the facts and let them make their own decision. The video we made not only helps explain the product, but also informs all that watch it that if they are not 100% sure if this item is right for them to NOT buy it.

We do not want to upset a fellow enthusiast by over promising what the mod will do and then if they are not satisfied not be able to take it back.

It sounds like this item may not be right for you and that is OK. We would rather tell you to NOT buy it rather than convince you to buy it and possibly have you be upset that you can't return it.

We instead are pretty straight forward and honest about this. You will see in our posts we are actually showing you other products that we do offer a money back guarantee that you may be happier with.

That, we believe is good business, not bad as you say.

We were and continue to be upfront in how we offer the AutoFlash and to who. That is why after about a year of selling it we have had only 1, only 1 customer that has ever not been 100% satisfied with the item. No joke! One customer!

The rest have provided very positive feedback (like the video you see). At the same time we do not try to oversell it.

We hope this makes a little more sense and truly hope you look at things a bit different after this explanation.

Thank you again for your interest and support.
ROBINSONMAC likes this.

Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for a large selection of Jeep Renegade Parts and Accessories in stock at the lowest prices.

We service, customize and modify!
Give us a call (Toll Free) 888-993-7552 or 562-981-6800.
Email us: To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" target="_blank">[email protected]
MADNESS Autoworks is offline  
post #19 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 03:22 PM
Senior Member
 
tazzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Coloarado
Posts: 520
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNESS Autoworks View Post
1. Our goal is to always go above and beyond to make sure our customers are happy. Because of that we offer a money back guarantee on a number of performance parts like our MADNESS GOPedal, or MADNESS MAXPower ECM and a number of other items.

2. The TCM Module is one exception. Because of how the mapping works and how the product works it is designed to marry with the VIN of the vehicle. There is no other way around that. The flasher has a built in MAP that can be used by the owner as many times as he/ she wishes. If the dealer reflashes their TCM during a regular service update the owner can simply plug his flasher back in and upload the map again. The advantage of this is the updates can be done as many times as possible in seconds (as long as it is the same vehicle).

However, to prevent one person buying the module and then flashing 5,10,20 or more Jeeps with the same module the manufacturer designs it to marry with one vehicle. This protects the manufacturer from having their work stolen and used without permission on an unlimited number of vehicles.

This is not our design, but the design of the manufacturer. We simply assist with development of the product (maps) and do not have control over how some of the features are designed. Frankly if it was our call we would do the same thing as they have and have it marry to the vehicle since a map could be easily copied and then used without permission. We do not copy other companies maps and would not want it done to us either. That is a dishonest way of doing business. It is no different than selling pirated DVDs or stolen merchandise.

Now days companies have to take steps to protect their intellectual properties otherwise they will not be in business too long.

We have personally have a number of products we designed and manufactured get copied by companies in China and sold online for a fraction of what it would actually cost us to manufacture them. Since it is out of China there is nothing we can do.

This particular item (AutoFlash) features software that took years to develop and a substantial amount of money. It is protected by the provider.

To make sure our customers are happy we go above and beyond to make sure we inform everyone before they buy this particular product of the facts and let them make their own decision. The video we made not only helps explain the product, but also informs all that watch it that if they are not 100% sure if this item is right for them to NOT buy it.

We do not want to upset a fellow enthusiast by over promising what the mod will do and then if they are not satisfied not be able to take it back.

It sounds like this item may not be right for you and that is OK. We would rather tell you to NOT buy it rather than convince you to buy it and possibly have you be upset that you can't return it.

We instead are pretty straight forward and honest about this. You will see in our posts we are actually showing you other products that we do offer a money back guarantee that you may be happier with.

That, we believe is good business, not bad as you say.

We were and continue to be upfront in how we offer the AutoFlash and to who. That is why after about a year of selling it we have had only 1, only 1 customer that has ever not been 100% satisfied with the item. No joke! One customer!

The rest have provided very positive feedback (like the video you see). At the same time we do not try to oversell it.

We hope this makes a little more sense and truly hope you look at things a bit different after this explanation.

Thank you again for your interest and support.



I understand what your saying, I just don't agree with it and that's "OK". I would actually love to purchase it and see what if anything it does. But I go to Vegas to do my gambling.
tazzel is offline  
post #20 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 11:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
I am 90% sold on it but I have skepticism. Being that I am part of one of the biggest Facebook renegade groups, follow forums such as this and have searched endlessly on the internet for other testimonials with no luck, I have reluctancy to purchase. If this product was as good as it is, outside of the video and reviews on your site or sourced from your site, why can I not find any? I believe there is much potential in this product and may in fact but it. Just know that if it does fall short of all promises, I will leave an honest review saying so. I agree with the masses about the refund policy. Yes I get the ability to duplicate the intellectual properties but there is only so much you can do to mitigate that. Think of how many missed sales you have with the solid reputation and variety of products you carry. If your product is sound, people will buy from you. You can even find cheap universal resistor mods on eBay and other generic sites. People who are wise don't gamble on those. I would even go so far to offer only a partial refund if returned. The fact is there aren't enough in the wild which is keeping people like me from that 10% needed to buy with confidence. I mean you really can't move hardly any as of late. Again, the lack of testimonials anywhere else and speculation on forums and Facebook groups says enough. Any positive information on any have been chimed in by your organization.

Again I really want to buy this product but am afraid if the regret. Someone point me in the right direction.
Rich Richard is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Renegade madness MADNESS Autoworks MADNESS Autoworks 152 07-06-2018 01:27 PM
Jeep Renegade MADNESS GOPedal - 1.4L / 2.4L MADNESS Autoworks MADNESS Autoworks 32 08-01-2017 11:25 AM
Jeep Renegade Front Bumper Bar by MADNESS (Pictures / Video) MADNESS Autoworks MADNESS Autoworks 34 11-30-2016 01:23 AM
MADNESS JEEP Renegade L.A. Auto Show JJMADNESS Renegade Events 2 12-03-2015 02:11 PM
Jeep Renegade Rear Bumper Bar by MADNESS (Pictures / Video) MADNESS Autoworks MADNESS Autoworks 7 12-02-2015 04:51 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off