Map light covers... - Page 4 - Jeep Renegade Forum
 7Likes

post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 10:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev View Post
I was wondering if anybody has replaced the dome lights and map lights with LED lights? And how did you get the map light covers off? I don't want to break them
I bought a ten pack of LEDs from Amazon, changed all interior lights except vanity. You have to carefully pry off the entire assembly, its easy, whole job took 30 minutes

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPicciano View Post
Ugh - OK - I replaced my map lights with LEDs - really tough. I broke a plastic tab or two. I could not find a way to take down the entire unit - I was afraid of pulling down the headliner - the next plastic item in would not come down easily either. Has anyone taken the map light/upper console apart without breaking anything PLEASE post some instructions or tips if you have done this or figured out how it comes apart and goes back together without breaking anything!

Also, now that I have LEDs in the map lights - they are always ON - very dim... but always on - same for the rear seat dome light - it is always on very dim... anyone else notice this with LED lights?

Thanks for any info,
Pat.
I watched a YouTube video a guy posted doing great it before I did it, just pry carefully. The whole unit will come off and go back easily.

post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogli II View Post
Hi Pat,
I did all the lights some time ago (have a look into my garage) but didn't take pics along the way .... anyhow, the dome/map light assembly comes down pretty easily when pulling on the rear corners down - use a pry tool first so you get a little gap that allows you to grab in with the fingers .... disconnect the plugs and take the whole assembly to your work desk - vieing it upside down the lamps are housed under the black plastic cover (as you already know) - to take that of securely take a flathead srewdriver and gently disengage where you see the little noses. Also have a look at the appendix of the user manual - that for some reason is only available online (I do have the german version only, so doesn't make sense to post that here).

Regarding the "rest light" you see, there is a problem with your leds that obviously have not the correct resistor built in (I bought mine here www.hypercolor.de ). They should then be off completely after 20-30min, when the "remainig current" has dropped to Zero. So check that. Otherwise I'd go for other leds.

As for the vanity mirror lights - as this has been asked in this thread as well - here also the whole assembly has to be taken out - pry from the right hand side - hold the gap with your finger and then pry gently around the bottom corner all the way to the left side and the mirror will come out - flip it and take off the inner plastic (again with a srewdriver) - see the pic for what it looks like. Now you can take out the bulb ...... hope this helps a Little.
Where did you get the vanity bulb, the only led conversion I have left to do. Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page