I dont recommend avid. - Jeep Renegade Forum
 2Likes

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
I dont recommend avid.

The company never once returned any of my emails or phone calls. Got my spacer lift no instructions. Take it to get installed didnt have all the parts for install. Got steel not aluminum like advertised.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 03:35 AM

First Name: Mrsig
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
That is not cool.
I my self and a few others I know have had 0 problems other than the direction sucked but the stuff was top notch.

Me 07 JKUSR, CEO of Black Sheep 4x4s org
White Jeep Club Member # 137
To see my mods or Jeep in action go to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wife
2017 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk 4x4 2.4L, 9 speed Auto.
White Jeep Club Member # BU01

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsig View Post
That is not cool.
I my self and a few others I know have had 0 problems other than the direction sucked but the stuff was top notch.
When I finally got a hold of someone yesterday they said they would send me out the missing parts. But yesterday was my install so sending me my missing parts means they think I wouldn't mind waiting for my parts then paying for a second install because they failed to get me a full kit I paid for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 07:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkleyjosh13 View Post
When I finally got a hold of someone yesterday they said they would send me out the missing parts. But yesterday was my install so sending me my missing parts means they think I wouldn't mind waiting for my parts then paying for a second install because they failed to get me a full kit I paid for.
I don't understand your point. They are sending you the missing parts. Mistakes happen, even YOU have made a few in your lifetime. You comment that "they think I wouldn't mind waiting for my parts", what were you expecting ? Please tell me you weren't expecting the parts AND a full/partial refund or some other compensation due to an error ? It is a lift kit, not a replacement valve for your artificial heart. As far as a "second install", since they couldn't do the install due to lack of parts, when you get said parts, isn't that in fact the "first install" ? Second trip, yes, but still first install. If your install shop started breaking down your vehicle before they conducted an inventory of all parts, that's on them, I'd find a more competent shop.

Now don't misunderstand me. I don't like it when I get partial orders, especially when building a rifle and vital parts are missing. But I make the call and wait. I survived many years without that rifle, a few days more ain't gonna hurt. You survived without that lift kit, another few days ain't gonna hurt. Your Rene will run just fine on the factory kit until then.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 01:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Pie View Post
Quote:
I don't understand your point. They are sending you the missing parts. Mistakes happen, even YOU have made a few in your lifetime. You comment that "they think I wouldn't mind waiting for my parts", what were you expecting ? Please tell me you weren't expecting the parts AND a full/partial refund or some other compensation due to an error ? It is a lift kit, not a replacement valve for your artificial heart. As far as a "second install", since they couldn't do the install due to lack of parts, when you get said parts, isn't that in fact the "first install" ? Second trip, yes, but still first install. If your install shop started breaking down your vehicle before they conducted an inventory of all parts, that's on them, I'd find a more competent shop.

Now don't misunderstand me. I don't like it when I get partial orders, especially when building a rifle and vital parts are missing. But I make the call and wait. I survived many years without that rifle, a few days more ain't gonna hurt. You survived without that lift kit, another few days ain't gonna hurt. Your Rene will run just fine on the factory kit until then.
The lift wasn't the only thing I was installing at said time, if I order said product I strongly believe you should get said product.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 07:22 AM
cnj

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I ordered my econo Avid 1.5" lift last December, and had it installed in February. The sway bar links included with the kit were apparently an old design, and were junk. In less than a month, they developed a ton of slop and started making all kinds of clunking and groaning noises while driving. The noises were terrible. I reached out to Avid, and they requested a pic of the links. Once they saw what links they were, Avid did the right thing, and sent me the updated parts free of charge. My tire shop swapped out the parts 2 weeks ago, and so far, so good. As long as I have no issues going forward, I would buy Avid again.

2016 Omaha Orange Renegade Sport FWD
2.4L Tigershark engine w/auto 9 spd trans
Sport Apperance Group
Passive entry/remote start
Power and Air Group
Uconnect 5.0 w/SiriusXM (thanks, honey!)
MySky manual sunroof
Tinted windows
1.5" Avid lift kit
17x7.5 +20mm Touren rims
225/65R17 Toyo Open Country ATII tires
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
I get ya! I have little tolerance for companies that just breeze over the little details and assume you will be happy with them quickly sending you the parts they didn't include. Big Biz Tip: double check...if that don't work then Triple Check. The inability to make sure all parts are in a kit is inexcusable. I expect attention to detail if I'm shelling out my hard earned cash. Anything less and I will do business with their competition next time.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 03:41 PM

First Name: Dennis
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
The company never once returned any of my emails or phone calls. Got my spacer lift no instructions. Take it to get installed didnt have all the parts for install. Got steel not aluminum like advertised.
Any more info on the steel vs aluminum?

2015 Renegade Latitude - Sierra Blue
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1043 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgr401 View Post
Any more info on the steel vs aluminum?
My first inclination is that it is customer error in believing aluminum was available. ALuminium options for the bumpers and such were listed when first announced, and who knows there might actually be one someplace, but the option for aluminum hasn't been there for a LOOOONG time. So unless they got someone to commit over the phone or it isn't the bumpers the OP is referring to, I think they may just be mistaken that something was supposed to be aluminum.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 12:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Had no issues with Avid! Called them for instructions and they were immediately emailed to me. Installed, got alignment,
no problems. Best 1.5" lift available!
dgr401 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page