Driver Size Headlight wiring help - Jeep Renegade Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By wdrx02

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Exclamation Driver Size Headlight wiring help

I was attempting to replace my wife's 2016 Renegade's headlight bulbs today.
However, when I took out the driver size bulb and replace it. The bulb didn't shine very bright, so I took it out again to check the new Philip Bulbs.
I took it out and put it back it, it just went in and out. Quickly, I realized the very right wiring came out of the socket.

I was able to push it back into the pinhole, but the light still seem dimmer than the passenger size. I have a feeling its the wiring, because it is loose.

Has anyone encountered this issue before?
Has anyone been able to/had to replace the socket w/ wiring for their headlight bulb?

Any suggestion on what to do? Help?

I am inclined to believe, this may be the culprit that caused me LED bulbs to go out int he first place.
The wiring being lose could have caused a short....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Same happened to me, I thought my headlight had died as well. Then I remembered the wiring had pulled loose for me as well. I put the pin back in then used electrical tape to hold in place. As to why isnít not bright enough, thatís because you donít have the wires in all the way. Play with it a little and youíll get it. Not sure why your switching back to halogen? I bet the led is still good just had a bad connection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Smith View Post
Same happened to me, I thought my headlight had died as well. Then I remembered the wiring had pulled loose for me as well. I put the pin back in then used electrical tape to hold in place. As to why isn’t not bright enough, that’s because you don’t have the wires in all the way. Play with it a little and you’ll get it. Not sure why your switching back to halogen? I bet the led is still good just had a bad connection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I will try again and use electric tape to enforce.
Yes, the LED bulbs were lite. However, were getting oncoming cars flashing. Also, when I turned the high beams on, the driver side didn't lite.
Albeit, this could indicate what you're saying.

I got the Philips to replace, but it just showed similar signs...

Either way, the space to work with is not much and that wire is quiet short.... I just don't want to break it.
I have them in where it is lighted up. However, driver side is not as bright as the passenger... and due to this... it looks yellowish compared to cool white....

Just trying to put these on

, and all when I noticed driver is dimmer and yellow compared to the passenger's nice bright and white

Could you, please take a pic of your driver side's socket with the wires? I like to see and make sure I have the order right since the middle one was loose too.
I want to make sure I don't have my right and middle wire crossed. The light is one, but its still dimmmer... not sure if its just crossed. I took at look at the passenger but it seems correct...

How far is too far? I mean, they don't snap or make a sound to indicate that its snugged tight.
I sense Jeep electrical is not very good... as I had to replace the radiator FAN at 30ish K because it seized up or didn't spin.
Jamie Smith likes this.

Last edited by wdrx02; 12-30-2018 at 01:32 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page