2018 Renegade Trailhawk Speaker upgrades - Jeep Renegade Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tamos7

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2018 Renegade Trailhawk Speaker upgrades

It seems a lot of the previous discussions on this have either been older models or have the Beats upgrade. I'm not looking for thunderous bass or a super tricked out system, just something has to be easy-ish to do and better than stock. I just wanted to confirm if I could get away with just upgrading the stock speakers to start with or would I need to get an amp as well? If yes to an amp, if someone could direct me with how to connect it to stock unit? I have the Uconnect 4 with 7" screen. My last install was on a 99 Silverado and used an aftermarket deck so I'm a bit behind on the times!

Also any recommendations on if a low profile sub would work/hide well anywhere or not worth it? I don't really want to lose my spare tire.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 02:52 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Here is a link to a thread that shows a JBL sub mounted to the spare tire. This is what I am planning to do in the future.

https://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/fo...subwoofer.html

Enjoy!
chriswheatley97 likes this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
awesome, thank you! I'll look into that for sure, I didn't know something like that existed. Any experience with just swapping out the stock speakers though?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 04:45 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Just replaced all 6 of my speakers. Doors are easy, just take it slow and make sure you get all the screws and bolts out before you start tugging. It is easier if you disconnect the door controls as well so you can move the panel out of the way enough to get to the speaker without it hitting you.

Dash speakers are easy too but you will need a 90 degree screwdriver/bit driver to get the screws closest to the windows. I was cheap and used a bit and a 1/4" ratcheting wrench from Home Depot for $3.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page