Rear tail lights not working passenger side - Jeep Renegade Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 07:16 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rear tail lights not working passenger side

UK: 2ltr Limited 4x4

Hi, The warning lights for side, stop and indicators came up on the dash and sure enough the rear passenger side lights had all stopped working. Bulbs had blown so replaced the stop and side lights first and as I didn't have the correct bulb for the indicator (turn) light, but i removed the old bulb. The two new lights worked, until I replaced the indicator (turn) bulb, then nothing would work but the new bulbs are all fine and work when plugged into the driver side (i plugged the light unit in sol bulbs and unit are okay).

So my question is what on earth could be causing the rear lights to stop working after replacing the indicator (turn) bulbs? The manual shows a fuse unit in the luggage compartment (Unit 2) but my car only has unit one and none of the fuses control the rear lights. Does anyone know where the fuse for rear passenger lights is located. All other lights front and rear are fine, but not sure if this is connected, at the same time the bulbs blew /warnings appeared on the dash, the front anti-collision warning light(system not working) also came on and is still on. Any ideas on what it could be?

Thanks

Mathew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My first thought is there's a short along the circuit for the turn signal, which probably has all three of those bulbs on the same circuit. Maybe the socket for the signal is burnt and needs to be replaced or there's a bad grounding connection there? I've got to imagine the fuse is ok if the other two bulbs worked before replacing the turn signal bulb.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 11:41 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Water in light assembly causing short?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page