Uconnect 6.5 Software Update - Jeep Renegade Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Uconnect 6.5 Software Update

I received an E-mail that there is a Map upgrade for my 2017 Renegade Trailhawk. However, the software version I have, 17.07.46 appears to be too low for me to do the software update myself, as it requires 17.37.31.

The E-mail I received said I had to take it to the dealer, so I did. They ended up telling me that I should be able to download myself and it would be close to $300 if they did it. Now I am trying to find where I online I can upgrade to 17.37.31 so that I can get the map update???? Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 03:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Last time I did this, I was able to grab it from here: https://www.driveuconnect.com/suppor...re-update.html
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 10:58 AM

I have been waiting for an update as i already purchased the maping software update. I was recently in contact with FCA Customer Care about the update.

I am running an older version of the firmware (16.something) and was told to take it in to service to have it flashed, evidently, the auto update feature isn't in perfected in firmware older than 17.37.31. and the current version is 18.01.35. here is a snipet from FCA

"After review of your case I was able to see that the most recent software update would be 18.01.35, to perform this update the vehicle will need to taken to a Jeep dealership"

I am scheduled to have this done tomorrow, and hope that it works for the mapping update.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 12:36 PM

First Name: Jeff
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwiggum View Post
Last time I did this, I was able to grab it from here: https://www.driveuconnect.com/suppor...re-update.html
received same e-mail---went to this site and was told i am up to date
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 01:12 PM

After about 2 hours at the dealership, they were able to flash my radio. I didn't notice any new features in the unit. but after returning home, i was able to now install the map update, that took 2 hours in itself. Word of advice, make sure the engine is running during this update or your battery will be drained.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List