Can navigation be added to the lower end uconnect? - Page 2 - Jeep Renegade Forum
 17Likes

post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
i don't think those lockpicks work with the 5.0/ra2. the website says only 8.4" screens. if anyone hears of something like this that does work though, i would be interested in hearing about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 09:49 AM

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuvz View Post
...I also have heard that it may be as simple as having the dealer enter a code in the unit to unlock the nav which is already built into the uconnect 5.0...
This is what happened with my wife's cherokee. We had the normal 8.4" display, not nav, and we received a letter telling us that we could activate nav for our headunit for like $500. Didn't seem to even require dealer interaction.
LittleRedJeep likes this.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Well, The search for a NAV solution for the 5.0 goes on. I do hope that it is an option that you can just turn on, but I doubt that. I did call the LockPick people and they are really great. They agreed to help me try one and mailed me one to test. I put it in (which is ULTRA simple by the way!!) and it didn't work. We discovered that it is a Fiat radio, which has a completely different interface. They are working on the solution. I will keep you posted. They are very optimistic that they will be able to make it work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Quote:
Well, The search for a NAV solution for the 5.0 goes on. I do hope that it is an option that you can just turn on, but I doubt that. I did call the LockPick people and they are really great. They agreed to help me try one and mailed me one to test. I put it in (which is ULTRA simple by the way!!) and it didn't work. We discovered that it is a Fiat radio, which has a completely different interface. They are working on the solution. I will keep you posted. They are very optimistic that they will be able to make it work.

I hope they get it to work. That would be awesome. How much do they run? I asked my jeep dealer and they said the nav wasn't something you could add later

Sent from my iPhone 6
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Quote:
What a great show of interest by those guys to make sure they got it right. Keep us posted on any further info you get.
LittleRedJeep and costasp like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Dealer told me 2k to add nav after purchase, found one at a different dealer with navigation installed and paid less for the car overall.
mudcatca and LittleRedJeep like this.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Does this lockpick have a website?
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 04:32 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 06:27 PM
Pat

First Name: Pat
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twospirits View Post
Just for the ability to put the Android/Apple navigation on the Uconnect screen would be enough for me. I went to their page and it looks awesome. Impressive. But as usual nothing for a Renegade yet.

TS
This does look great, I would want it for my 5.0 system.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 07:55 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Read 'em and weep! It was a wait, but it was worth it! I have a Renegade Red Limited, that sadly came with the Uconnect 5.0 which I hated to be honest. I heard of various problems with the Uconnect 6.5 in this car also. So, indeed, I went OEM factory replacement direct fit headunit, and it went like a charm! Yes, including rev-cam view on the lovely 7.0" TFT screen, and yes, audio controls on steering wheel all working nicely. It feels like a new car to be honest! Lovely colors as opposed to boring black&white too. Jeep really oughta be less cheap, particularly on the so-called de luxe Limited models.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page