Upgrading one Uconnect Radio for another Question THREAD - Page 7 - Jeep Renegade Forum
 7Likes

post #61 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 11:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
The unit is fine for me, but I like tinkering with things. For the average user this unit would be frustrating and requires a lot of mobile data depending on your usage, unit also really lags when doing multiple operations. With that said I don't mind the unit but for the price I paid and what the product is I would have not purchased it for the price. Now they did release a newer version of this unit for half the price but I could not tell you the differences. The unit I purchase does have a built in GPS app that does not require data and uses the included GPS antenna. But I use waze for GPS. The sound quality is lacking but I didn't expect much coming from a off brand unit. I would also like to note not to get their forward camera, the quality is poor and takes away from one of the available USB ports, it maybe better with a different brand of camera but I don't use the front camera that often due to the legality of where I work. In summary think of this unit as a cheap tablet wrapped into a car stereo with outdated software and hardware, when I purchased my unit it was considered the high version and after all the shipping fees and added camera it came to almost $530.00 dollars. Probably won't recommend the high version but maybe the newest one priced at $265.00 but I wouldn't expect much out of any of their units. Sorry for the rambling work is getting in the way.

Last edited by Daniel C Burgdorf; 08-15-2017 at 11:46 AM. Reason: apology
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel C Burgdorf View Post
The unit is fine for me, but I like tinkering with things. For the average user this unit would be frustrating and requires a lot of mobile data depending on your usage, unit also really lags when doing multiple operations. With that said I don't mind the unit but for the price I paid and what the product is I would have not purchased it for the price. Now they did release a newer version of this unit for half the price but I could not tell you the differences. The unit I purchase does have a built in GPS app that does not require data and uses the included GPS antenna. But I use waze for GPS. The sound quality is lacking but I didn't expect much coming from a off brand unit. I would also like to note not to get their forward camera, the quality is poor and takes away from one of the available USB ports, it maybe better with a different brand of camera but I don't use the front camera that often due to the legality of where I work. In summary think of this unit as a cheap tablet wrapped into a car stereo with outdated software and hardware, when I purchased my unit it was considered the high version and after all the shipping fees and added camera it came to almost $530.00 dollars. Probably won't recommend the high version but maybe the newest one priced at $265.00 but I wouldn't expect much out of any of their units. Sorry for the rambling work is getting in the way.
Thanks a lot for the detailed info! I really appreciate you taking the time

2017 Anvil 4x4 Sport
Instagram.com/jmsbf
post #63 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-03-2018, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Audio Quality

Quote:
How is the Audio quality compared to the stock U connect radio. If I have to upgrade, audio quality will be on top of the list. I don't really care much about the Android operating system as it is crappy anyway. For me it is a toss up between this cheap Chinese made unit vs an Alpine or Kenwood with Android Auto/Apple Car play and near complete integration. Don't mind losing the Uconnect as long as I retain USB ports, steering wheel controls.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-03-2018, 05:50 PM

Seicane Unit

Quote:
Here are the pictures of it installed into my Jeep. One thing I was surprised about is that it retained the front USB port also the Aux port. Also retained the factory backup camera with the grid lines and a menu to access the car settings. I would not recommend there front dash camera, it's slow and choppy and resolution isn't that great. I really haven't done much playing with it because the WIFI signal from my house is too far away and my WIFI hotspot was out of data until today. The only downside is you definitely need some sort of hotspot for this radio. AM/FM works good with RDS display. Sound quality so far has been just Ok, Compared to other headunits the sound quality is normal i guess, not as clear as a pioneer, not many EQ adjustments or I just haven't figured it out. I hoped it was going to clear up my subwoofer channel but so far it has not, so maybe I have other issues with my sub. Let me know if you have any questions or anything you want me to demonstrate. Thanks
Since your post, I have noticed that Seicane has released newer systems with Android 7.0 and appears to be plug and play. Funny thing is no one is writing about the overall quality of the unit, graphics and audio quality. Hopefully someone will soon. BTW what was the return policy on your unit just in case you didn't like it or have to return it for other reasons?
post #65 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-14-2018, 06:39 PM

First Name: Joe
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
will this radio do apple carplay???? maybe with a dongle?

2016 Jeep Renegade Limited 4X4 White
post #66 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 04:51 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
If any one is interested I am selling my Seicane android car stereo in the non vendor market place. Don't know what it's worth make a reasonable offer and it's yours.
post #67 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dear All,

please tell me - anyone try to install other languages in yours cars? I would like to buy US version and install the Polish language in my car.
post #68 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 04:19 PM

guys can someone please tell me how can I install a complete new head unit and fix the all the settings and the wiring while I cant do this withe the original new 7.0,8.4 or even the 6.5, so this mean there is no way any company or something else can install it for me (maybe I would buy it from a used car) because I once contacted jeep and asked them about it, they told me it would require to change the whole dash and most of the dealerships are not willing to do such a thing. So does anyone know a pro company that can install it? or even know from where to buy the 7.0 uconnect?
post #69 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
You can actually install an aftermarket unit along with a controller package (idatalink Maestro RR & harness kit) and retain the OEM settings on the new unit. With the Kenwoods, you only lose the ability to turn off the DRLs, but everything else is there.
From what I've seen, this can be done for less than getting a 'better' uConnect.
See this thread for more details/discussion.

2015 Latitude

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page