Check your VIN for Updates for Uconnect 5.0 Renegades (Radio Software Enhancements) - Page 3 - Jeep Renegade Forum
 20Likes

post #21 of 116 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 08:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Garage
I would think that any uconnect update is strictly for the uconnect system. I can't see a user with a usb stick having access to important updates to the transmission or other vehicle computer components. Liability issues for sure plus a ton of other reasons/

Steve
USMC RETIRED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 116 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 10:20 PM

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiredguns View Post
I would think that any uconnect update is strictly for the uconnect system. I can't see a user with a usb stick having access to important updates to the transmission or other vehicle computer components. Liability issues for sure plus a ton of other reasons/
You are absolutely correct. Uconnect updates are only for the Uconnect system and have nothing to do with other hardware systems.
post #23 of 116 (permalink) Old 09-05-2015, 04:23 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Thank you both for confirming my own thoughts.

I just found it strange that two people said that they saw improvement in the driving.

Everything happens for a good reason...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 116 (permalink) Old 09-05-2015, 01:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
With Chrome, the system doesn't recognize my VIN. With Edge, it gets through the tutorial, but the Akemi Netsession Interface isn't compatible. The direct download link just gives me a blank page. I guess I can try my old Windows 7 box that I use for watching TV.
post #25 of 116 (permalink) Old 09-05-2015, 02:16 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
I ended up doing this in IE in the Windows 7 HTPC. The Akemi Netsession Interface still didn't download, but you don't need it.
post #26 of 116 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I dis the update, all went fine!

Still no daytime lights settings though...
:/

Everything happens for a good reason...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #27 of 116 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 05:14 PM

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Garage
Hrm... In my case I didn't have a problem with the download, my problem is with the Uconnect system recognizing the thumb drive.

Tried an NTFS format as well as a FAT32 format, neither worked for me.

Key to the Run position, plug in thumb drive to front panel USB port, thumb drive flickers a few times, then nothing... I wonder if the thumb drive is too large for the Uconnect device to recognize it.... I used a 16GB thumb drive... It's the smallest I had available..

- Chris

-

-
post #28 of 116 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 05:16 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoapo View Post
Still no daytime lights settings though...
:/
Have you tried under Vehicle Setup on your steering wheel? Hit the arrow until you see that option and hit ok - there might be an option for lights.

Well, it depends on what Info Cluster screen you have. If you have the small one (EVIC) the lights options should be under vehicle setup cluster screen.

If you have the larger screen (DID) it would then be found in your uconnect screen.

post #29 of 116 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRedJeep View Post
Hrm... In my case I didn't have a problem with the download, my problem is with the Uconnect system recognizing the thumb drive.

Key to the Run position, plug in thumb drive to front panel USB port, thumb drive flickers a few times, then nothing... I wonder if the thumb drive is too large for the Uconnect device to recognize it.... I used a 16GB thumb drive... It's the smallest I had available..

For what it's worth I used a 8 gig with fat 32
NTFS could not be read

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LittleRedJeep likes this.
post #30 of 116 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRedJeep View Post

Format has to be Fat32 and it will take a few minutes for the radio to start the process. Will handle up to 32 gb flash drive. Also did you Extract the file from your download?
The thumb drive flickers tells me the radio is reading the thumb drive as there is a lot of data it is reading. I would give it a few MINUTES and I prefer to have the vehicle running while doing the update. It took almost 5 minutes for the radio to begin the process on my 6.5 radio Be Patience
rsanges and LittleRedJeep like this.

2015 Renegade Replaced with 2016 Dodge Dart GT
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT- White

Last edited by VARenegadeUSA; 09-06-2015 at 05:59 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page