2016 Beats Audio Disappointment THREAD [Update to fix now available] - Page 44 - Jeep Renegade Forum
 88Likes

post #431 of 437 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 06:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slumapas View Post
I'm the new owner of a used 2016 75th Anniversary Latitude with Beats Audio and one of my first impressions of this car during the test drive was that not all of the speakers were working. I had to adjust fader and balance to try and get some sort of clarity. Same symptoms as mentioned by others: no volume until 10 or more, rear speakers and sub have faint to no sound when faded to the rear, almost maxing the volume at 32-34 to try and enjoy songs on the radio (a little less when using my iPhone at max volume). Made an appointment for some service work at my local dealer and had them check out the audio. I specifically mentioned the TSB 08-065-16, but the service techs determined it to be the amplifier. Since the vehicle only has 19000 miles, they covered the replacement amp under the basic bumper to bumper warranty. The sound system is tremendously better--while it's not spectacular compared to other premium audio systems I've owned, it's much better sounding than before. My advice is to make the dealer fix it if it's still under warranty by performing the amp update or replacement--It's definitely worth it.
I went through the exact same thing when I first got my 2016 Latitude. No sound until at least 10 and almost zero sound from the rear. Compared to one without Beats Audio it was bad.

My dealer did the software update and when this didn't work they replaced my amp. This system is still not the best but is way improved over what it was. Glad to hear you got yours worked out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #432 of 437 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 11:02 PM

First Name: Bradley
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
So, I just started the shipping process on a 75th with beats. I have read through some of this thread before, and figured to not give my hopes up. But, has anybody tried upgrading any of the other speakers besides the sub? I really was just hoping for a sound system with a pre installed amplifier. I would eventually want to put in some polk audio speakers anyways, but power them with the beats amp. Thoughts?

2017 Deserthawk alpine white
post #433 of 437 (permalink) Old 02-17-2018, 08:22 AM

First Name: Stephen
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I have replaced the dash speakers with Kickers, and the front door speakers with JBL.

Not much improvement.

The system is a bad design and bought the rights to use the Beats name to sell it.

My next move is to by a DSP and add a 5 channel amp. I will then run everything off of that and have real RMS power.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

----------------------------
Thanks,
Stephen

2016 Renegade Trailhawk
2" ATP lift, 235/65/17 tires, GoPedal, Madness Autoworks Tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #434 of 437 (permalink) Old 02-17-2018, 12:04 PM

First Name: Bradley
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHabit2Break View Post
I have replaced the dash speakers with Kickers, and the front door speakers with JBL.

Not much improvement.

The system is a bad design and bought the rights to use the Beats name to sell it.

My next move is to by a DSP and add a 5 channel amp. I will then run everything off of that and have real RMS power.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Good to know. I'll probably go a similar route eventually. At that point, i will have to consider a change out of the unconnect head unit too, and all the problems that come with its integration to car settings.

2017 Deserthawk alpine white
post #435 of 437 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 12:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
I decided to change out my factory dash speakers for Pioneer TS-A878. I never had a problem with the Beats but just looking for improvement. Definitely worth $50 (speakers & wire adapters) and less than 10 minutes to install. Just cleaner, more crisp sound. I've also moved the speed sensitive volume to 3 instead of my usual 2 setting. I've had to turn down the bass a little but that has also improved the sound. Obviously louder but the system just seems more powerful on the 3 setting.
Jamie Smith likes this.

2016 75th Edition 2.4L
Navigation
Beats Audio
MySky
post #436 of 437 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 03:46 PM

First Name: Jim
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 27665 View Post
Or you could have just realized that anything with Beats or Dr. Dre on it is just going to sound horrible.
HAhahahahaaaahahahahahahaa!!!!
Oh. My. God.
What he said.
hahahahahahhahaaaahahahahahhhahaha
The "marketing" on beats is right up there with "Monster Cables".

18 BU, 17 BU, 13 MK
post #437 of 437 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 11:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Some factory setups sound good. I am still happy with my Beats system. Later on I will be upgrading the speaker and add some tweeters to make the sound more crisp and give a little solid punch. I was looking at and actually auditioned a set of Focal brand speakers at a car audio place and I was impressed. All the speakers, amps will be replaced and crossovers installed for around $2100 dolllars. I said "wait a minute" I'll beat up the Beats to death then I'll upgrade. So far the Beats are still working and sounding good so maybe I'll just add some tweeters for now.

Don't forget our mission: Keep Tony in retirement or on permanent vacation.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page