Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Update GPS map cost

7K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Mr LeRoy 
#1 ·
We received this the other day. I think it is very spend! 2016 Renegade.

ORDER THE LATEST MAP UPDATE FOR YOUR 2016 JEEP RENEGADE BY 12/31/17 AND GET FREE SHIPPING. update your navigation system map today for just $149 and you’ll have access to new roads, exits, junctions, addresses and points of interest like restaurants, hotels, parking and more.

Plus, you’ll never have to worry about power cords, battery life or roaming charges.

Our Garmin handheld unit didn't cost this much. Has anyone any experience with this? How often do they think you need updating? All comments appreciated.

#3 ·
I carried out a full software update a couple of weeks ago and came to use the Satnav yesterday and now it's now working. I presume it is due to the software update as I have had not problems since owning the Renegade. The problem maniefests itself while trying to select the town option. This works intermittently and then will not allow me to get passed the first letter without deleting it! Anyone got similar issues after updating the software? I have previously posted the software update version and have had no other issues. I have no idea whether I can individually download a specific file from the old software version and reload it?

#4 ·
With respect to the $149 cost of a mapping update USB for the navigation system, does anyone know whether the USB drive is somehow locked or limited to a single installation? I expect that it is limited to a single installation on a single vehicle. However, if it's not, I'd be willing to "share" an update USB with another board member.

Does anybody have the answer?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.