Android Radio Head Unit - Jeep Renegade Forum

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Android Radio Head Unit

Does anyone have experience with these Android head units I see on eBay and Amazon:

https://www.seicane.com/2016-jeep-re...control-s04131

I want to get one but I'm curious about how they sound and if they are difficult to install. Anybody have one of these and can advise?

"An unforeseen future nestled somewhere in time"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 03:49 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
I know Seicane makes one that seems pretty popular over on the Wrangler forums, so it's probably a decent headunit. However, with the JK Wranglers, most of the options that are buried in our Renegade UConnect (horn on lock, unlock driver vs. all four, etc.) are in the EVIC that displays in the driver cluster. I'd want to make sure that this would still let you adjust all those options that are controlled by the existing headunit.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-29-2018, 10:13 AM

First Name: Stephen
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
in the RAM world, it is a 50/50 shot of it working properly. Alot of harnesses and support takes time as they are overseas.

----------------------------
Thanks,
Stephen

2016 Renegade Trailhawk
2" ATP lift, 235/65/17 tires, GoPedal, Madness Autoworks Tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-29-2018, 06:56 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHabit2Break View Post
in the RAM world, it is a 50/50 shot of it working properly. Alot of harnesses and support takes time as they are overseas.
pretty much the same on ford f150 forum, more negitive reviews than good ones.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 10:02 PM

I have an android installed, good and bad -
Good is it's android, so its basically a 9 inch tablet with all its functions, nav, wifi, bluetooth, watch movies, android apps and ect...
Bad is you lose some functions in which the OEM headunit controlled as others have said. I have steering wheel functions, retained stock back cam which was a plus. I have the beats amp syatem so I lost fading as its controlled by the oem unit, not a big deal as I gained rca outputs that I will run to a jlaudio amp. The unit was almost plug and play as I had to work with their tech team to get right harness and canbus. The unit looks very nice and fits just like oem, but mine is not from seicane but I did get from eBay. I am happy with my unit regardless of the fluffy functions I lost.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2018, 01:31 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supturbo View Post
I have an android installed, good and bad -
Good is it's android, so its basically a 9 inch tablet with all its functions, nav, wifi, bluetooth, watch movies, android apps and ect...
Bad is you lose some functions in which the OEM headunit controlled as others have said. I have steering wheel functions, retained stock back cam which was a plus. I have the beats amp syatem so I lost fading as its controlled by the oem unit, not a big deal as I gained rca outputs that I will run to a jlaudio amp. The unit was almost plug and play as I had to work with their tech team to get right harness and canbus. L The unit looks very nice and fits just like oem, but mine is not from seicane but I did get from eBay. I am happy with my unit regardless of the fluffy functions I lost.
Can you advise which brand/model you got on eBay and was it specifically for a Jeep Renegade 2017?

"An unforeseen future nestled somewhere in time"
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2018, 08:16 AM

This is the one I got, customer service is spot on in terms of getting answers and tech support mind you they are 14 hours ahead. The pics in the auction are actually my photos of moving the unit up to clear the plastic piece under oem radio and the in dash pic. Yes I have 2016 Renegade DOJ version with beats audio, if you have non amp version it will be less of a headache and simple. With beats audio system Jeep uses NAV wiring harness regardless of what head unit so it was throwing them off. I actually sent them pics of the oem harness and made a pin out graph. New harness and can bus arrived in like 4 days after that and everything was good to go..

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F152848796922
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180301_175023(0)_1522498492445.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	2396338810  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 05:56 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
hello, and what was the solution ? to get sound with the beats audio system, do you still have your pin wire diagramm ? or can you show us the harness ?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
no news here ???
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 10:14 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I to purchased this type of system...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fit-For-JEE...72.m2748.l2649
After almost 4 weeks of emails,bad English,requests to call China,no installation manual[was told to have "professional" install I sent it back and got a refund under eBays policy
Theirs had so many cables that I did not need as my uConnect 3 only had 5 connected[see attached picture}
Also for some reason I could not get the new one to fit in the dash
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Parts on new item.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	2396342597   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180915_113748_resized.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	2396342599  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page