New head unit with iDatalink - Page 2 - Jeep Renegade Forum

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 05:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexallgood View Post
I just bought this exact headunit. Stoked. But I am confused about this USB adapter. How does this adapter retain the stock USB port?
One of the cables you remove from the stock head unit has a usb connection on the end of it, mini usb male I believe from memory.
This connector will convert that cable to something that the kenwood can plug into and *should* give the kenwood access to the factory USB port. It works for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 02:28 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by savante21 View Post
One of the cables you remove from the stock head unit has a usb connection on the end of it, mini usb male I believe from memory.
This connector will convert that cable to something that the kenwood can plug into and *should* give the kenwood access to the factory USB port. It works for me.
So I did the install and I am still getting the not supported dialogue. I am curious to why this would happen if I have the same year model car, same USB adapter, and the same headunit. Did you do anything special in your install to make the stock USB's work with the kenwood?
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 02:41 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
the usb adapters are hit and miss, mine works flawlessly , but others have tried multiple of the very same adapter with zero luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexallgood View Post
So I did the install and I am still getting the not supported dialogue. I am curious to why this would happen if I have the same year model car, same USB adapter, and the same headunit. Did you do anything special in your install to make the stock USB's work with the kenwood?
No, I did nothing special. It just worked, but others have had issues with the same adapter as well. As @canadianrenegade mentioned, it's hit or miss.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 02:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by savante21 View Post
I just did an install last week with a Kenwood DMX905S.
I got the sirius tuner and a cheap amazon usb adapter for the front dash usb port.

After some confusion with the OBD2 cable, everything works as advertised and is maintained with the following 2 caveats:
Hey, Just out of curiosity what were your issues with the OBD 2 cable? I plugged mine into the black connection (disconnecting the black connector that comes from the vehicle harness) and I still get an ODB 2 error 2 on my pioneer radio. EVERYTHING else works, I have the vehicles settings, get tire pressure from tpms, song info shows up on the instrument cluster screen, etc. I just don't get odb information.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page