Aftermarket Radio and Amplifier issue - Jeep Renegade Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Aftermarket Radio and Amplifier issue

I have 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk with:
1. Uconnect 3 with 5" Display (OEM Radio)
2. 9 Amplified Speakers w/Subwoofer

I am trying to upgrade the OEM Radio (Uconnect 3 with 5" Display or Uconnect 5) with Universal 2-Din, 10: Touch Screen DSP Android 8.0 System (Fancy name). The unit is on androidautoshop dot com This unit is almost the same as XTRONS TE103AP.
I am using Connects2 Info-adapted CTUJP01 to interface with the Uconnect system, to retain the SWC, and display vehicle information system.

I was able to install the aftermarket radio with the CTUJP01 info-adapter and lost two (2) functions, the backup camera, and the OEM Amplifier or Audio System (9 Speaker=8 Speakers + Subwoofer).

3- The Backup camera: the backup camera function on the CTUJP01 is designed for aftermarket backup camera, not the OEM Camera. I was able to recover the OEM back up camera function using the AX-DSP-CH5 AXXESS METRA T harness. I used the T harness between the vehicle 52 Pins connector and CTUJP01 connector, identified the cable associated with the camera functions ( Camera signal, Camera Return) on the T Harness/52 Pins, connect these two cables to composite RCA video cable.

4. I am stuck on the 9 Amplified Speakers w/Subwoofer.
The 9 Amplified Speakers w/ Subwoofer system is working fine with the OEM radio.
- When the OEM radio I unplugged from the vehicle 52 pins connector, the dashboard displayed " Audio Off", and turn back on when the OEM radio is plugged back into the 52 pins.
- When the OEM Radio is unplugged from the vehicle 52 pins conector, and the aftermarket radio is plugged into the vehicle 52pins, the dashboard still displayed "Audio Off", with no sound.
- I was only able to make the aftermarket radio produce sound thru the speakers when the OEM radio is unplugged and the aftermarket radio is plugged into the 52 pins, while the vehicle is on or running. Even in this situation, the dashboard still displayed "Audio Off", but the aftermarket radio produced, (not so outstanding) sound thru the speakers.

5. Any Help?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	52 Pins.png
Views:	41
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	2396342345   Click image for larger version

Name:	TE103AP Cable.png
Views:	49
Size:	460.9 KB
ID:	2396342347  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 08:23 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormrider View Post
check this thread
Thanks

1. The unit i have is a universal unit, not specific to jeep renegade, the manufacturer did not have a specific CANBUS/harness integration. In addition they were plainly useless for any help. They still have not reply to my last email.
2. The Connets2 JP01 infotainment harness is only for non amplifier system. One tech told me that there is a software solution., another told me no way.
3. Will keep an eye on the thread aforementioned.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaolo01 View Post
Thanks

1. The unit i have is a universal unit, not specific to jeep renegade, the manufacturer did not have a specific CANBUS/harness integration. In addition they were plainly useless for any help. They still have not reply to my last email.
2. The Connets2 JP01 infotainment harness is only for non amplifier system. One tech told me that there is a software solution., another told me no way.
3. Will keep an eye on the thread aforementioned.
Ask the seller if you can return the unit. There are Android units that are specific to the Renegade and include CANBUS integration. Some are now designed to work with the factory amp. These are drop-in units, 10 minute install. No additional parts needed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page