Steps to maximum off road traction for Trailhawks - Jeep Renegade Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

First Name: Rick
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cool Steps to maximum off road traction for Trailhawks

I'm a glass is half-full kinda guy not a glass is half-empty kinda guy so I like discussing topics to enhance the strong points of what I got not wish it was something else. On that note, I wanted to start a thread of tips and set-ups to achieve maximum traction and off road capability on Renegade Trailhawks that I have already been considerably impressed with in stock form. Strong point I noticed off the bat was its good ground clearance due to its independent suspension which along with its factory skid plates provides an excellent starting point for off road agility. My current intentions with my 2017 Trailhawk is to install a 4" lift and perform the pinch seam mod on front wheelwells to accomodate 265/65/17 tires (30.5"x10.4") with 1.25" spacers on factory 17" wheels. Coyote 17" Internal Beadlocks inside the tires inflated to 50 PSI will allow me to air down the tires to 7-8 PSI when needed off road for maximum terrain adhesion. Since the 4" lift kit includes new coil springs, I will replace the struts at the same time with high performance Bilstein struts. After much research and studying of the available options, this set up seems the best to me without making major vehicle modifications.

Rick (Subdriver)
2017 Jeep Renegade Trail Hawk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 09:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think I'd go with a skinnier tire. You lose some traction, but decrease rolling resistance and keep more of your turning radius. You may also be able to go with a slightly (like nominally, but every bit helps) taller tire, if you go skinnier.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 09:20 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
idk much about the off roady stuff, but thinking in terms of these jeeps not make much power i would think big wide wheels/tires would add a lot drag to it, esp if your trying to push it over stuff already. might be too much. on your point of the ' strong points' i think these being small, light little suvs the skinny tires mentioned above would be the way to go. just my .02

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page