Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2022 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk 1.3L Turbo
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all! I’ve just bought a ‘22 trailhawk and I’m loving it so far! However I’ve been having interesting problems with the trim on it! I had to get the rear left window trim replaced for being messed up when I bought it. Now I’m seeing the driver A pillar trim is a little popped off. It’s not a big deal but I’m just anal about it since this is the first brand new car I’ve ever owned. I also noticed the driver side interior window rubber trim is kinked and I was wondering if this is a problem for weather protection? I’m probably being anal but thanks! And sorry for the long post!
Leg Hood Automotive lighting Window Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive side-view mirror Automotive tire

· Registered
2022 Jeep Renegade Altitude 1.3L 4WD
92 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, I'd honestly say if it bothers you than it's important. I'd call your sales person and set up and appointment to get it checked out. The Pillar may simply be a clip out of place, but heaven forbid you take it apart and it breaks they may deny you warranty. As for the kink in the weather strip that's pretty common on the bends and I wouldn't expect them to replace it for that. Best wishes enjoy your Renny.

Reactions: mmsharky

· Super Moderator
2,565 Posts
Yeah. My trim is a bit shonky too.

I'd try and get that kinked rubber replaced.
It shouldn't be an issue for water, but it looks bad.

· Super Moderator
5,003 Posts

and enjoy the forum!

After a few off road trips and some pin stripping you won't feel so bad.

· Registered
2021 Islander
15 Posts
The factory quality control on my '21 was also not great. I've probably found 20+ bits of trim, weatherstripping, clips, etc, over the last year that needed to get adjusted. Most things just needed a firm tap to get clicked into place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.