Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It feels quicker than 9.8 and is quite pleasing to drive. My wifes 2019 rogue feels rather anemic compared. Sure my performance meter app isnt the most accurate ecspecially after looking at the numbers side by side. I bought that app years ago when i had some hot rods.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That. And it has more than the 1.4L it replaces.:cool:
Thanks. I didn't know that.
That was very much lacking... the torque. Reason I got the Go-Pedal, Auto-Flash and full dual quad tip Ragazon exhaust. I must say it has plenty of torque now... My other car being a 300hp John Cooper Works does not help!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Reason I got the Go-Pedal, Auto-Flash and full dual quad tip Ragazon exhaust.
None of those mods increase peak torque.

The go-pedal essentially tricks you into thinking you're getting more power by modifying the electronic throttle, making it more sensitive. Auto-flash adjusts how the transmission shifts and hangs onto gears. Catbacks don't really offer performance differences.

To see increased torque you need something that modifies the boost pressure and fuel ECU mappings.

Its direct injection, so on the plus side it can likely take quite a bit of extra boost safety, but on the downside its going to have the same problem as all direct injection engines and cake up your intake valves over time, and there's nothing you can do about it. Any cleaners you use will likely screw up your cat. So for that reason I prefer the 1.4T chipped, as it won't be quite as efficient but in theory should run great for much higher mileage. Something to consider if you're not leasing and planning to drive it for 5-10 years.

·
Registered
29 Posts
None of those mods increase peak torque.

The go-pedal essentially tricks you into thinking you're getting more power by modifying the electronic throttle, making it more sensitive. Auto-flash adjusts how the transmission shifts and hangs onto gears. Catbacks don't really offer performance differences.

To see increased torque you need something that modifies the boost pressure and fuel ECU mappings.

Its direct injection, so on the plus side it can likely take quite a bit of extra boost safety, but on the downside its going to have the same problem as all direct injection engines and cake up your intake valves over time, and there's nothing you can do about it. Any cleaners you use will likely screw up your cat. So for that reason I prefer the 1.4T chipped, as it won't be quite as efficient but in theory should run great for much higher mileage. Something to consider if you're not leasing and planning to drive it for 5-10 years.

Oh!... Crying now...

Not being mechanically inclined, a big ZERO here, I have to now declare my pleasure at being tricked and expensively for that matter I might add.

I still feel however, as going up the mountain roads, that the Trailhawk has more immediate power. Maybe?

Thanks for the info...

Merry Christmas

·
Registered
187 Posts
Oh!... Crying now...

...or in Renegade ownership!

Just kidding.

Jessica is not wrong about the items that re-map the throttle, or improve the shifts. They don't increase overall horsepower or torque. But they CAN make the driving experience more enjoyable, and there's nothing wrong with that.

But I'm with Peebles24. With few exceptions (and those on more expensive vehicles) factory exhaust systems contain many comprimises to total performance, trading off a few ponies for lower manufacturing costs, ease of assembly, maximum quietness, etc. A performance oriented cat-back does not have to make these compromises, and can usually find you a few ponies. And they sound great, so again, nothing wrong with that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
...or in Renegade ownership!

Just kidding.

Jessica is not wrong about the items that re-map the throttle, or improve the shifts. They don't increase overall horsepower or torque. But they CAN make the driving experience more enjoyable, and there's nothing wrong with that.

But I'm with Peebles24. With few exceptions (and those on more expensive vehicles) factory exhaust systems contain many comprimises to total performance, trading off a few ponies for lower manufacturing costs, ease of assembly, maximum quietness, etc. A performance oriented cat-back does not have to make these compromises, and can usually find you a few ponies. And they sound great, so again, nothing wrong with that.
Well, I have been paying more attention while driving. Me no mechanic, I just drive.

Maybe not more torque or hp [probably not!] but how would you express "quicker" from A to B. Definitely quicker as the car jumps! I even have to remind the guys when I have the oil changed. Would that be called "initial torque"?

As far as the tranny, it is almost instant... and that is an asset especially going downhill and gaining almost 20 mph an hour to get in 4th from 5th!... while gaining 20mph!... I love that Auto-Flash.

I do believe with the Ragazon Exhaust and BMC filter, especially when it clean, there is a bit more power...

No more tears... Big smile... and even bigger smile when switching to my 304hp JCW.

Jessica is most likely just envious... [joke!]

It is not "being tricked" when I get to point be faster...

Then again, what do I know?!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Much better throttle response is what i imagine you feel. I know mine if i switch to mud mode it is much more responsive and feels quicker.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Maybe not more torque or hp [probably not!] but how would you express "quicker" from A to B. Definitely quicker as the car jumps! I even have to remind the guys when I have the oil changed. Would that be called "initial torque"?
\

That's throttle mapping. The car has an electronic throttle. No cable between the pedal you push with your foot, and the throttle plate on the engine that opens to allow air into the engine.

On an older car with a cable, it was a perfect linear map. 0% pedal got you 0% throttle, 50% pedal, 50% throttle, etc.

But with an electronic one, that map can be anything. If there's an Economy mode on a car, that's a more conservative map...with 50% pedal maybe only giving you 25% throttle. Paired with earlier shift points and a few other trick, it can help eek out an extra mile per gallon. Likewise, a performance map might give you a quick curve....say 25% pedal giving 75% throttle. Closed is closed, and wide open is wide open in any map. But all the points in between can be played with. In this case, you just touch the throttle and it jump...because the car thinks you have just STOMPED on the gas pedal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts