Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Liking my 1.3L so far, but only have <400 miles on it. She definitiely has more "get up and go" than my 2016 with the 2.4L Tigershark engine. I will say that one thing I don't like on the 1.3, is the combo oil fill cap/dipstick. That's a little weird.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know anything about an engine block heater for the 1.3L? I am trying to determine if I just need the cord or the full block heater. I can't find anything about a block heater for this engine. I have found it on new vehicles as an option for $95; however, the one dealership I spoke to said it was a $1000 for the part plus labor. Right now our trailhawk is at the shop, 488 miles and it refuses to run on cold mornings (for reference it about -30 F this morning). The vehicle will start and shutoff after a few seconds. Hopefully we will know the cause today. Thanks for any assistance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The motor is growing on me. So far I don’t think 8th or 9th gear are going to get any use. The combo also seems to have a shudder at about 58mph. Power wise it’s way more fun to drive than my 2.4l Patriot with a cvt. I did put a pedal kit on it because of the weird throttle response. The motor does seem to heat up fast which is nice in MI. The mileage seems to hover around 26 with winter gas, can’t wait to see how it does on summer blend but putting 87octane in a turbo is pretty nice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Surprisingly pretty dead in here. I thought this motor would be more popular. Guess I'll post a comment or 2. I'll have 1000 miles on my 1.3 by the end of the weekend. Overall, I'm really liking the little bugger. It is much more responsive than the 2.4 I had in my 2016 Rene, and the fuel mileage seems to be about 20% better (no precise calculations, though). She is a bit "noisy", I'll say that. Lots of mechanical "clatter" that is noticeable at idle, etc. She always runs a bit rough for the first several seconds after start up, especially after sitting for a few hours. Then it smooths right out. Oh, and since I check my oil level frequently, I have come to the conclusion that I absolutely HATE the goofy all-in-one oil filler cap/dipstick. Hate it with a passion, as it is way too difficult to remove. If that's all I can find wrong with it, then I guess I am pretty happy. I am looking forward to many thousands of miles ahead! Now, if Suzuki ever re-enters the US market, and brings a 4 door Jimny here with a small turbo diesel.....game over, LOL!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Whenever the thing tells me to change the oil. I'm at 5600 right now.
That's what I did with my 1.3 due to the dealership telling me I should. When I went in when it said it was two quarts low. And it had not been to long since I checked it last. After the oil went bad it must have been blowing. O will not wait again. I suspect the dealership told me I should wait because they had no filters for it. I will change my oil around 5000 from now on and I have been checking it more regularly. This time they put in the synthetic Pennzoil 0w 30. After 3500 miles on this change it still looks good and is full.

·
Registered
172 Posts
That's what I did with my 1.3 due to the dealership telling me I should. When I went in when it said it was two quarts low. And it had not been to long since I checked it last. After the oil went bad it must have been blowing. O will not wait again. I suspect the dealership told me I should wait because they had no filters for it. I will change my oil around 5000 from now on and I have been checking it more regularly. This time they put in the synthetic Pennzoil 0w 30. After 3500 miles on this change it still looks good and is full.
I took it in around 7500 when the indicator came on and I had to wait for hours because the dealership did not have an oil filter for the oil change. They said I was the first one in with the firefly for an oil change.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Just passed 10k on ours, going to take care of the second oil change but otherwise no complaints! Good power (especially with the 9spd auto), responsive, and mileage has definitely gotten a little better since brand new. We average 24 around town but hit 31-32 average no problem when out and about on the highway. I plan new plugs with the oil change, but I want to go through a bottle of Techron before anything else.

I've been watching for some kind of developments as far as parts or whatever, the 500X crowd seems to have dug more into that stuff. I'd imagine more will be coming since its still a very new engine, but at the same time the past 4-6 months probably hurt a lot of development. All I'd really like is a downpipe and stg1 tune, but I'm sure someone will figure out something cool.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts