Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2019 w/1.3T now has 1600 miles on it. I went to the dealer and purchased the factory oil filter and 5 qts of Mopar 0w-30 oil, to the tune of $85. Ouch. I have noticed the little motor getting noisier in the top end. Much more so than when I drove it off the lot, so I thought, maybe I'll change the oil and get the break-in oil out and remove the filter that likely has a mixture of assembly lube, fine metal shavings from initial machining, and maybe even a bit of dried silicone leftover from assembly. I'm glad I did. The oil was much darker than I had expected it to be with so few miles, and the consistency seemed somewhat "watery". With new oil and filter installed, she is MUCH quieter running now. Has anyone experienced anything like this on their 1.3T? You can bet I'll be hanging on to the receipt for the new oil and filter, if there is an issue down the road. I am also going to cross post this on another Renegade forum to get the most input possible.

·
Super Moderator
1,445 Posts
FPT don't normally use a "break-in" oil.

It's always good to change oil but it's been a couple of decades since you had to "break in" an engine like that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts