Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had there 1.4 petrol mapped / tuned through the ECU (not the add on chips). I'm thinking about getting this done for our 4x4 170 version so amy advice or recommendations on where to get it done would be great.

How have you found the car after the map? Big difference? Car transformed or just neglibile improvements? Better torque? Fuel economy improved? Pulls like a train?

There are some chip type tunes available too but not so keen on these. As I understand, all they do is fool the ECU into adding more fuel for better response but doesn't actually change anything else.

·
Registered
388 Posts
HI DK a PM has been sent regarding the chip.

I had a Vauxhall Vectra 2.0L diesel automatic that was remapped and it was extremely fast. Enough so that I had to hold on with 2 hands upon accelerating till it reached 70mph on the motorway sliproads.

Now I am not an expert by any means and was informed that lower sized engines can be remapped but not as efficiently as the higher sized engines. ie remapping a 2 litre engine gains more benefit from a 1.0 litre though I see yours is a 1.4l. If anything at the bare minimum I would expect a 1.4 to behave like a 1.6L. In other words FAF (fast as Freck)

I know the guys in here are better enabled to assist you so come on you guys. Get that keyboard rattling :D:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks mate, I already saw your posts about the chip but it's for a diesel which seem to be much easier to tune, and with more places selling the chips. Results from a diesel seem to be a lot more dramatic than a petrol too.

I've found a few places that sell a chip for the petrol 1.4 (racechips is one) but not too keen on chipping. It's a much easier option for sure but all they seem to do is add more fuel and adjust the air sensor / turbo whereas a remap can tweak lots of other settings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts