Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the 1.4 motor have a rev limiter to keep you from exceeding the redline RPMs?
This afternoon I pulled into traffic on a busy street and decided that was a good time to see how the little turbo motor would do in a full-throttle acceleration through a few gears. I can't be sure, but it seemed like when I was approaching the redline (about 6,500 RPM) the motor seemed to lag a little bit before I let off of the gas pedal to shift gears. I hadn't intended to redline it, but when I looked down at the tach before I shifted it was over 6,000 RPM and I was just about to let off and shift when I thought I felt the RPMs slow down before I let off of the gas pedal. I'm not sure if it was my imagination or if it happened before I shifted. Anyone know if there is a safeguard built in, or did my foot happen to let off of the pedal just as I noticed the RPMs approaching the redline? I'm just curious if there is something in the system to prevent over-revving. I don't intend to push the motor that hard, but on occasion we all need to floor it!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Redline is 6,500. Mine shits itself before that most of the time and stops accelerating very much at 6k. I'll have to log it again but the boost seemed to drop of pretty drastically after 6k when I glanced at my boost gauge. So we probably have the same thing going on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.