Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the 1.4 motor have a rev limiter to keep you from exceeding the redline RPMs?
This afternoon I pulled into traffic on a busy street and decided that was a good time to see how the little turbo motor would do in a full-throttle acceleration through a few gears. I can't be sure, but it seemed like when I was approaching the redline (about 6,500 RPM) the motor seemed to lag a little bit before I let off of the gas pedal to shift gears. I hadn't intended to redline it, but when I looked down at the tach before I shifted it was over 6,000 RPM and I was just about to let off and shift when I thought I felt the RPMs slow down before I let off of the gas pedal. I'm not sure if it was my imagination or if it happened before I shifted. Anyone know if there is a safeguard built in, or did my foot happen to let off of the pedal just as I noticed the RPMs approaching the redline? I'm just curious if there is something in the system to prevent over-revving. I don't intend to push the motor that hard, but on occasion we all need to floor it!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.