Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is different between the 1.4l and 2.4l exhaust systems? i see a lot for the 2.4l, but hardly anything saying it will fit the 1.4l. im not looking to spend $1000 on a catback exhaust, and i see there are 1 or 2 magnaflow kits for the 2.4l. why wont they work on the 1.4l?

·
Registered
103 Posts
The single tip magnaflow will fit. Ive got it on mine and it sounds amazing. It hangs a little bit low near the muffler. I havent scraped it on anything, I dont off road though. Removing the bend would be a easy mod for a shop or if you can weld.

·
Registered
2017 Latitude 4x4 1.4 Alpine White, 2018 Latitude 4x4 1.4 Omaha Orange
126 Posts
what is different between the 1.4l and 2.4l exhaust systems? i see a lot for the 2.4l, but hardly anything saying it will fit the 1.4l. im not looking to spend $1000 on a catback exhaust, and i see there are 1 or 2 magnaflow kits for the 2.4l. why wont they work on the 1.4l?
Fits the 1.4 as SleepingSun mentioned...I have the magnaflow on my 2017 1.4t.... I also made a pipe to delete the resonator but haven't tried it yet with that setup..I imagine the pops and bangs will be more pronounced as you can already hear it pop on a shift as well as when engine braking. Very low deep sound from the magnaflow setup.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i FINALLY got my magnaflow 19324 in and installed today! only took about a month for it to arrive, but its in and installed. first impressions are that it sounds damn near stock! after the ride home today, it sounded a little louder when i got home. is it going to get louder as time goes on? im hoping so, because when i fired it up with just the flex pipe, it sounded great, so im hoping this setup gets a little louder with some more time. it definitely feels a little peppier with the exhaust on. i just want to be able to hear it a little more than i do now after one day of having it on. i think i could straight pipe it and it would be a perfectly acceptable sound level for me.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i FINALLY got my magnaflow 19324 in and installed today! only took about a month for it to arrive, but its in and installed. first impressions are that it sounds damn near stock! after the ride home today, it sounded a little louder when i got home. is it going to get louder as time goes on? im hoping so, because when i fired it up with just the flex pipe, it sounded great, so im hoping this setup gets a little louder with some more time. it definitely feels a little peppier with the exhaust on. i just want to be able to hear it a little more than i do now after one day of having it on. i think i could straight pipe it and it would be a perfectly acceptable sound level for me.
It will get louder over time. Wont be as loud as a straight pipe obviously. When I did the poly engine mounts the exhaust sound in the cabin increased a good amount.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Another thing to consider is that if you are running the factory downpipe with cat you are essentially running 2 mufflers and a resonator which will keep things pretty quiet. The formula that works for me in terms of volume (I like to hear my car but not lose feed back from it being too loud) is factory downpipe & straight pipe or catless downpipe and the muffler resonator combo.
this video can kind of give you an idea. I think the catless straight pipe one sounds terrible .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i took the magnaflow off after 2 days, too quiet for me. i ran it with a turn down after the flex pipe for a couple weeks, but it was a touch loud in the cabin. today i ran some 2.25" pipe back to the bumper and it sounds perfect! anyone want to buy a magnaflow exhaust kit?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts