Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I remove the screw-on cap and change the oil filter without loosing the oil?

Weird question, I know. I think I can but would like confirmation from one whose done it please.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 Latitude 4x4 1.4 Alpine White, 2018 Latitude 4x4 1.4 Omaha Orange
130 Posts
Most of the oil drains down, you may lose a couple of ounces but that’s about it. So you could in theory swap a filter and not change the oil but I wouldn’t see why you would do the hardest part and not put in fresh oil lol.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Monte Carlo. I've done so many oil changes I guess I went "automatic" mode in changing the oil last weekend. I remember wrestling with the dang socket extensions and got the cap off, but then I woke at 3 am a few days later going "Did I actually put in the filter?" I checked the maintenance logs where I paste the box labels and NO oil filter box label. So, convinced I was having a stroke, I wrote since I lost all confidence I can ever do an oil change again.

Thanks for the reassurance. I did check and yes, there was a filter but chucked it anyway and dropped in a Wix and pasted the label into the maintenance logs. Sleep good tonight! ;)

Reactions: IDoMy0wnRacing
1 - 4 of 4 Posts