Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be lifting my 2016 trailhawk, but torn between the 1.5" lift or the 2" lift. I hear good things on the daystar and teraflex 1.5" lift. But fear the 2" lift is too much stress on the renegade and if it's even worth it. Like most us my renegade will be on the road most of the time but I do go to jeep camps near me a general light to moderate offroading when I'm up north but nothing major. What do you recommend. Thank you

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think it's personal preference. I have the 2" and felt good about it because it came with all the parts needed to lower brake lines, exhaust hangers and drive shaft to reduce stress. Just went in for my 10k mile check up ( lift has been on for 6k) and so far so good. No noticeable reduction in gas mileage. I was able to comfortably fit a 29" tire without pinch seam mod, but I did have to run spacers since tires are 10" wide. After bugger tires, gas mileage dropped about 3mpg.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think it's personal preference. I have the 2" and felt good about it because it came with all the parts needed to lower brake lines, exhaust hangers and drive shaft to reduce stress. Just went in for my 10k mile check up ( lift has been on for 6k) and so far so good. No noticeable reduction in gas mileage. I was able to comfortably fit a 29" tire without pinch seam mod, but I did have to run spacers since tires are 10" wide. After bugger tires, gas mileage dropped about 3mpg.
What size are your spacers?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Just my .02...
I'd stick with a 1.5". I actually will be doing an Avid 1.5" down the road (I like it's simplicity, and the fact that you actually gain the whole lift where as others drop the rear subframe down thus negating some of the lift).
The issue is the Renegades wheel well opening. Going the extra .5" won't gain you anything as far as tire clearance (due to wheel well opening shape), so IMHO it's not worth the extra trouble.

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
890 Posts
I will be lifting my 2016 trailhawk, but torn between the 1.5" lift or the 2" lift. I hear good things on the daystar and teraflex 1.5" lift. But fear the 2" lift is too much stress on the renegade and if it's even worth it. Like most us my renegade will be on the road most of the time but I do go to jeep camps near me a general light to moderate offroading when I'm up north but nothing major. What do you recommend. Thank you
We actually have a 2" kit from ATP that does wonders for the renegade and you can combine it with a new set of springs to change it to a 4" lift.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I did a 1.5" Daystar kit on my wife's Renegade. After alignment it works out to 1.75". As AriDeo mentioned, I also liked that it relocated the drive line to prevent any stress. We don't off-road so I didn't need the extra ground clearance. This was more of an aesthetic mod than anything so I wanted the kit that would maintain factory ride and angles.

That said. There are a few tips if you go with that kit (I made a thread) which will save you some time/effort. Overall very happy with the Daystar kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did a 1.5" Daystar kit on my wife's Renegade. After alignment it works out to 1.75". As AriDeo mentioned, I also liked that it relocated the drive line to prevent any stress. We don't off-road so I didn't need the extra ground clearance. This was more of an aesthetic mod than anything so I wanted the kit that would maintain factory ride and angles.

That said. There are a few tips if you go with that kit (I made a thread) which will save you some time/effort. Overall very happy with the Daystar kit.
What size tires did you do on your wife's?

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Renegade is clean! I like the color scheme!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts