Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed 1" wheel spacers on the Rene and I have to say what a difference! No more getting blown around on the freeway! It doesn't look weird now either with the wheels being sucked in so much past the fenders. It looks and feels 100 times better. >:D

Attachments

·
Registered
519 Posts
Installed 1" wheel spacers on the Rene and I have to say what a difference! No more getting blown around on the freeway! It doesn't look weird now either with the wheels being sucked in so much past the fenders. It looks and feels 100 times better. >:D

Looks Nice, Are those the stock Wranglers on it?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Yea that's stock. Looks much better!! Are those the spacers from Madness? Or renegade ready?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The picture really doesn't do it justice, looks very noticeable in real life.
Yea tires are stock.
No these are from Precision European Motorwerks out of Cali

·
Registered
190 Posts
Did your spacers show up with dings and gouges? I bought mine from pe.motorwerks as well and both sets arrived dinged up. They have been very helpful over customer support and are sending me replacements. Just kinda bummed I have to wait for then to show up.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did your spacers show up with dings and gouges? I bought mine from pe.motorwerks as well and both sets arrived dinged up. They have been very helpful over customer support and are sending me replacements. Just kinda bummed I have to wait for then to show up.
Really, did you take a picture of it you can share?

No mine were shiny brand new

·
Registered
30 Posts
Where did the wheel spacers come from? Not on European motorwerks website. I'd love to purchase these if I could find them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey i see those factory bolts seem to stick out past the spacer? I have to jeep 1.4 sport. Is there like a well inside of the wheel or something that allow the wheel to sit flush against spacer ? I jist bought wheel spacers from rugged ridge and was scared id have to return becasur i bought onea with the posy and realized my car uses bolt studs

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a stock-height Sport 4x4 and have some stock 2015 Limited 225/55r18's. I want some tires that are "beefier" than the grand touring tires that came with the rims (bought from someone who bought aftermarket rims and tires - these only had 7k miles on them). I do understand I will likely need spacers. Just trying to find a decent tire that won't rub.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Easy, I would recommend some red thread locker on the spacer lugs bolts. I cleaned the rust from the hub and also used anti-seize on the hubs backside so it doesn't seize on the hub when I need to replace my rotors. You will use your current lug bolts to secure the spacers to the hub. The kit comes with the lug nuts and the studs pressed into the spacers. Just make certain you use tapered lugs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Easy, I would recommend some red thread locker on the spacer lugs bolts. I cleaned the rust from the hub and also used anti-seize on the hubs backside so it doesn't seize on the hub when I need to replace my rotors. You will use your current lug bolts to secure the spacers to the hub. The kit comes with the lug nuts and the studs pressed into the spacers. Just make certain you use tapered lugs.
I just ordered the rugged ridge spacers as well, because the aftermarket rims i bought were catching the calipers in the front. Do the studs on the spacers have the same lug nut size? I know the studs are m12x1.25, so I'm assuming the lug nuts on the spacers are the same? Just wondering so I can order some locking lugs.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I just ordered the rugged ridge spacers as well, because the aftermarket rims i bought were catching the calipers in the front. Do the studs on the spacers have the same lug nut size? I know the studs are m12x1.25, so I'm assuming the lug nuts on the spacers are the same? Just wondering so I can order some locking lugs.

A lot of the 5x110 spacers on the market have a 12x1.5 stud thread, which is much more common than 12x1.25 and easier to find lug nuts for them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Precision European Motorwerks

Hello LilWhiteToaster & Nick1236,
Reviving an old thread here 😬😅,
just wanted to ask, are you both still running the spacers from PE.Motorweks? How did it hold up?
I'm looking to get a 1 inch spacer, and they are one of a few brands that I could get shipped to Dubai.

Any feedback/input on the spacers is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
@SPB Reviving old threads means that we all learn or often re-learn about topics we need to know so don't be embarrassed about opening them up for some new chat.

For a really quick reply on "Spacers" I know 3 people that are regulars on this wonderful forum and that will answer your query almost immediately should you send them a PM (personal message):

• DGR
  • I_do _my _own _racing (IDMOR for short)
  • MrSig
Those guys have the most amazing skills when it comes to working with Jeeps.

(y)(y)(y)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts