Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Renegade comes with a 1 year Sirius Radio offering. Besides using it on the Renegade, can you also use it on another car? Or is it specifically only contracted for the Renegade.

·
Registered
377 Posts
The Renegade comes with a 1 year Sirius Radio offering. Besides using it on the Renegade, can you also use it on another car? Or is it specifically only contracted for the Renegade.
It's vehicle specific.

Also, when it's done, if you run down the subscription without renewing, you will be offered 5 months for $25. That's the sweet spot for renewal. If you auto-renew they will gouge you for $100+/year.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Given the sound of Sirius/XM of late and in my Renegade, I'd never pay after it expires! Even the "talk" channels from Canada are almost unlistenable/unintelligible. Listen for "separation" on some of the music channels, there's nearly none thanks to the compression to use less (satellite) bandwidth by Sirius/XM. They make GOOD local broadcasters look GREAT in side by side comparison. You will, however get a packet in the mail from SXM telling you how you can use your subscription via apps online....as I get back to your question, (sort-of.)

By the way, when did Canadian channel make it TO this service???

·
Registered
87 Posts
I agree, the sound quality as far as "crispness" and power is poor (generally speaking) on XM Radio. However, unusually, I do notice that the sound is better on some days and more powerful as well, really depends on atmospheric conditions (I assume). Is it a good value? only if you can obtain it for a price much lower than offered by XM Radio through negotiation or in my case waiting it out until they send you a lower offer (which usually tends to occur). XM Radio would have many more subscribers if they simply lowered their price to what the market believes it is worth. I know too many individuals who allow their free offer when purchasing a vehicle to expire due to the rates for renewal.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not to mention the channel lineup is pretty paltry. If you use their phone app you get way more channels and can just run it through the audio system, but it kind of defeats the purpose of it being built into the car. I pretty much only use it for the Pop2K station (take me back to middle school!) and all of the live sports broadcasts.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I let the "free" XM subscription run out in my Challenger and I will let it run out in my Renegade. Not worth it for me. I can listen to FM and AM radio for free if I want to hear the radio. Or listen to the songs I have on a thumb drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.